Toyota Camry Hybrid - MPG Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 04:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid - MPG Issues

Originally Posted by garyp
It’s irrelevant now, the mpg has dropped to below 50 and so far nothing, city, highway, cruise control, 35 mph or 55 mph, over inflating the tires, no ac, heat, windows up, or everything else I have done seems to make the mpg improve. So why did I get 57-58 mpg for the first 5000 miles and then a dump and can’t even get close to 50 now no matter what. So you can’t accept that something is wrong but after over 50 years of working in this field I have learned that a significant sudden change indicates a problem and further inspection, diagnostic procedures and tests need to be done
that Keith guy is an idiot. Did you ever figure out what was going on? Same thing with our 2022 hybrid Camry. Went from consistent 50-52 mpg and occasionally as high as 58. Now I’m seeing 42 on the same trip to work under phenomenal conditions. This isn’t normal as you have noted.started at 5000 miles

Old 10-13-2022, 05:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid - MPG Issues

Never had any real resolution. However, after many local miles it has come back up and stayed pretty consistent to around 56 - 57 mpg. Highway speed’s definitely lower the MPG’s 60 - 80 mph down to a consistent 47 1/2 mpg, this year’s trip to AZ. Better than last year’s barely over 40 mpg. My only thought was maybe the factory test runs the engines/cars on a dyno or other perfect conditions and gets fantastic mileage. Once that’s recorded into the computer it takes quite a while before real driving conditions bring it back to reality, just a thought. As long as it stays where it is at now I guess I can’t complain.