2020 Camry LE No power, won't jump, can't open trunk

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 09:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2020 Camry LE No power, won't jump, can't open trunk

Hi Folks,
I have a 2020 Camry LE Hybrid with 42000 miles. I tried to start the car and pressed the start button without tapping the break and there was a flash on my dash and then I lost power to everything. I opened the hood and tried to jump-start the car, applied cables and there was no power recognition inside on the instrument panel and no start. I can not access the trunk to check the 12v battery. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Any suggestions to open the trunk with no power and no crawl through access? I appreciate your recommendations very much! Charlz

Old 10-20-2022, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: 2020 Camry LE No power, won't jump, can't open trunk

FYI , Update & simple fix....

For anyone that may experience this problem with their hybrid. There are many videos showing you how to jumb start your Camry Hybrid from under the hood without having access to the 12v battery in the trunk. I have found out that how you position the jumper cable on the terminal (not the ground) is absolutely necessary that you pay attention to the side with the metal plate (the other side is plastic. The jump box clamps have metal on both sides but only one side is connected to the power. Make sure that the side with power is touching the metal plate and that you are properly grounded to the engine block. Once I did this the car got power and started right up. I am also going to get some para-cord and run it through my trunk and into the car from the top of my back seat so that I have a cord to pull the trunk open latch from inside the trunk in case the car looses power again and I need to get into my trunk or lock my key fab in the trunk. Have a nice day!!!