Got a new Camry Hybrid w/ Navigation, but ... read on my 9 issues, a bit disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Got a new Camry Hybrid w/ Navigation, but ... read on my 9 issues, a bit disappointed

Folks,

I was so excited about this car whicj I got only a week ago; my list of issues just grows with every day. I took the car to the service, and they say that even they don't know the about the car; and don't have much of an idea what is going on. Toyota Customer Service just prefers to see what can dealer do with these; so a bit deadlock situation.

I appreciate if you guys experience these in your cars; and how did you fix it...

Thanks,

1- Voice commands are not recognized by the system; microphone seems like not working...Is there any concept like Microphone volume; I played with the regular volume control didn't work.

2- Even if I seemed to configure the Bluetooth properly; and made a call; I could hear the person voice; but I can't get my voice through the system. Microphone may not be working properly...

3- While the car is moving; a metal scraping or a metal scratching noise comes from somewhere; this is more audible when the driver window is open. It gets slightly louder while breaking.

4- The ventilation grill in the back (rear vents); when it is in "Closed" position it whistles. This is more audible when the there is high ventilation.

5- While cruising on the highway, every time a car passes me or I pass a car very strange static (electric amplified) like sound is audible inside the car. This is something that we found really strange; the 2007 Camry Hybrid should be equipped with sound reduction system but this is as if it amplifies the sound of the cars from outside.

6- There are chip like crystal spots on the windshield glass. It distorts the view during dusk considerably.

7- Some tapping noise comes from the driver side window while driving. This is more audible when the window is closed.

8- The ventilation grill in the front-middle section (above the navigation screen); when it is ventilation is on "high-fan" it emits rattling sound. (This happens rarely)

9- Squeaking sound comes from the console right by the shift...

Old 08-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Got a new Camry Hybrid w/ Navigation, but ... read on my 9 issues, a bit disappointed

Hmmmm. Can a car be "haunted" ?
I think your laundry list is unusual and not at all typical of the TCH's quality.
Did the dealer have to "mess" with the car before delivery?
Any PIO's installed outside of the factory?
J

Old 08-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got a new Camry Hybrid w/ Navigation, but ... read on my 9 issues, a bit disappointed

That's awful stuff. One should be most pleased with their new car. Question for you:

Does your windshield say Toyota Lamisafe on it? I have a hunch your new car doesn't have the hybrid windshild in it: the TCH windshild is crystal clear with virtually no distortion. Plus, it has significant sound absorbing characteristics, so if your dealer had to replace the windshild (which I would imagine happens from time to time) it would address your points number 5 and 6.

I hope your problems get fixed and you can enjoy your car.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:46 PM

WOW is all I can say.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I remember reading somewhere else about someone who was having microphone problems, and it turned out that the microphone wasn't connected in the overhead console. The dealer plugged it in and solved the problem.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Got a new Camry Hybrid w/ Navigation, but ... read on my 9 issues, a bit disappoi

Yikes!

Out of curiousity, how many miles were on your odometer
when you got it? Hope the car wasn't some sort of
test drive or demo car.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got a new Camry Hybrid w/ Navigation, but ... read on my 9 issues, a bit disappoi

I think the car needs to be returned and a new one given to you.

That list of issues is too long for a "new" car.

Byron

Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billy
1- Voice commands are not recognized by the system; microphone seems like not working...Is there any concept like Microphone volume; I played with the regular volume control didn't work.
Yes there is a sensitivity control but it has to be set by the dealer.
3- While the car is moving; a metal scraping or a metal scratching noise comes from somewhere; this is more audible when the driver window is open. It gets slightly louder while breaking.
Although I would not describe it as a scraping sound, it might be the mild whine of the motor/generator.
9- Squeaking sound comes from the console right by the shift.
This has been reported by many people including myself.

The rest of the problems are mostly weird. Your dealer should certainly address them.

Will Mayall

Old 08-21-2006, 04:33 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies.

I got the car, 2 hours after it arrived at the dealer from the port. It had 13 miles on it. It was not test-driven. The windshield says Toyota Lamisafe. The only addition to the car was the Lo-Jack which was done at the dealer during the purchase of the car.

Has anyone any knowledge and experience with return or exchange of a new vehicle?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by billy; 08-21-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:15 PM

I would be completely shocked for a dealer to replace your new vehicle based on your list. Admittedly, it is somewhat long and not to be tolerated, but considering that user "Norb" on this board had a total system failure and was without his car for a month and there was no talk of exchanging his car, I think your shot is nearly nil.

That said, don't take "We don't know". Tell them you need them to find out or get you a number where you can escalate the problem.

Best wishes--I hope you can get these fixed!

Quick Reply: Got a new Camry Hybrid w/ Navigation, but ... read on my 9 issues, a bit disappointed

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands