Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Carmax only offered me $5500 for my 97 Suburban (excellent condition, very low miles) when I was buying the TCH. They cited high fuel prices and low fuel economy as the reasons.

I sold the Suburban on my own through cars.com in only 3 days for $2500 more (right at Blue Book) than the Carmax offer. Only cost me $25 for the ad and about 2 hours of my time. Online auto sales sites generate a lot of traffic.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lem144
Carmax offered me $24k on my TCH, with MSRP of $28,900. I'd sell it to them for $25,000. What's this - someone wrote that you lose the tax credit if he sells it? I don't think that is true.
The instructions for form 8910 state that:

"You acquired the vehicle for your use or to lease to others, and not for resale;"

I don't think they'd consider this circumstance as a resale, but I'm no expert.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Orcrone
The instructions for form 8910 state that:

"You acquired the vehicle for your use or to lease to others, and not for resale;"

I don't think they'd consider this circumstance as a resale, but I'm no expert.
If you titled the car and sold it it would NOT be a resale. Dealers resell cars, they do not (generally) title them (unless it's a rental).

Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 AM

Thanks for the clarification Gregory. Sounds like the original purchaser can take the credit, even if he sells it the day after titling it.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Steve,

I'll make it easy for you. You can't sell your TCH because you removed the badges and you will have a harder time selling it than your Lexus

(hehe, just nudging you in the right direction)

Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM

Of course he could sell the car and then get a premium for the badges from someone who wasn't wise enough, and purchased a non-hybrid TCH.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Recent Hybrid convert
Arrow Re: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Originally Posted by hamm3r
Steve, I'll make it easy for you. You can't sell your TCH because you removed the badges and you will have a harder time selling it than your Lexus (hehe, just nudging you in the right direction)
Originally Posted by Orcrone
Of course he could sell the car and then get a premium for the badges from someone who wasn't wise enough, and purchased a non-hybrid TCH.
Originally Posted by pandc
steve...i hope you aren't thinking of bailing out on us ????
Originally Posted by scottgb
Steve, for what it's worth I hope you end up keeping the TCH. I've enjoyed reading your posts on this board, and would hate to lose you as a member.Scott
Originally Posted by MickeysPal
Steve, we haven't seen any recent posts from you. Did you sell your TCH and keep your Lexus SC430?
[... just a sampling of complimentary posts, sorry if I inadvertently skipped over yours ...]

Steve: you haven't logged in for over 10 days, much less posted over a month by now... Sounds like you went with the Lexus?

In case you do ever get this msg, thanks for all the great posts and candid enthusiasm with each of our TCH experiences these past 6 months!

FYI for some of the 'newbies': Steven was one of the initial -- and quite prolific -- posters on this forum since late April, starting with the very first one: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...orum.7097.html

Old 11-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Arrow Re: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Wow! I had no idea that anyone would have noticed my absence. I've missed being here regularly, but for the last six weeks I've had urgent family business that's kept me away. All's going well, however, no need for concern.

Here's a timely update: I sold my... (drumroll)... Lexus last week, and am expecting the out-of-town buyers to arrive within minutes from now to take delivery and give me the balance of money. I got the price I was expecting, and they are thrilled because the car is in impeccable condition.

Meanwhile, my TCH is performing flawlessly, as you would expect, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks to those who were concerned where I might be. I really appreciate your thoughtful follow-ups here. As always, TCHs are nice, but TCH owners are GREAT!

Old 11-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome back, Steve!

Glad to hear that the family stuff worked out.

Also glad to find out that you kept the TCH, as many of us look forward to your insightful posts.

Old 11-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Glad to see your are back Steve. Seems a few of the "old times" have dropped off. We missed your words wisdom and the humorous antics.

I can't imagine you having to part with the TCH anyway.

Quick Reply: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands