Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe the new V-6 RAV4, but even that would be pushing it as far as "fun to drive". I think almost by self definition, the majority of Toyota and Lexus vehicles are not intended primarily to be fun to drive.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ntguru
I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe the new V-6 RAV4, but even that would be pushing it as far as "fun to drive". I think almost by self definition, the majority of Toyota and Lexus vehicles are not intended primarily to be fun to drive.
Toyotas have a lot going for them. However, the one knock you often hear is that they're appliances; not much personality so you don't love or hate them, you just use them. Of course there are some exceptions like the Supra and MR2 before they were discontinued. But now that I think about it there aren't any vehicles in the Toyota line-up that the adjective exciting would apply right now.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

I agree. They are appliances. The old Supra and the MR2 (the older one in particular) were the last exciting cars from Toyota/Lexis. I came from a string of various fast sporty and sports cars as my daily driver and sometimes I miss the sport or fast factor. But I definitely don't miss constant various gremlins or in some cases $150 oil changes. I drove the IS350 a couple of times but it really had only the downsides of sportiness (a rough, jittery ride) with very few of the upsides (telepathic steering, feeling completely in control, etc). Especially compared to the new V6 Camry, I would have regretted buying the IS.

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Toyotas have a lot going for them. However, the one knock you often hear is that they're appliances; not much personality so you don't love or hate them, you just use them. Of course there are some exceptions like the Supra and MR2 before they were discontinued. But now that I think about it there aren't any vehicles in the Toyota line-up that the adjective exciting would apply right now.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Dazed and Confused

The only current car that Toyota sells that might be considered fun to drive is the TJ or what ever they call it, but I would assume it to be a very targeted audience that would like it.