Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 06:10 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

I can't imagine having trouble selling an SC430 in California.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Thanks, everyone (too many names to mention), for your ideas and suggestions. There's a lot of great advice in your comments, but mostly I appreciate the encouragement and support. Oh, and the compliments, too. I've never met a nicer group of people than are hybrid owners, and that's the best reason to own one.

And to 'scottgb,' make me an offer! (It was my midlife crisis dream car, too.) To 'agnosto,' lemme think about that... wait, NO!

Thanks. Oh, and $500 to anyone who finds me a buyer (per 'donald_s').

Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I figure you must have bought the TCH for a reason instead of continuing to drive the Lexus. That alone should make the decision fairly simple, even if it's not the easier path to take.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

stevenv: When I bought my Camry, I sold my 03 Explorer to Carmax. I saw the bottom dropping out of the SUV market and dumped it quick!

They gave me (and seem to base their prices on) the "Trade In" value for the vehicle in "Good" condition.

I've never been one to hang around used car lots. However, I went in, spoke with a rep who got some basic info, waited 20 minutes+ while one of their appraisers looked at the car. ((they actually have 3 appraisers working full-time on each shift)).

Anyhow, I left with a "no-haggle" appraisal that was valid for 7 days. After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to take it.

I went it with my title, etc and about an hour later I walked out with a bank draft for the full amount. No muss, no fuss, no bother. I owned mine, but believe that they will do the pay-off on your loan if needed.

Their bottom line was about 2500 better than my Toyota dealer would give me on trade-in.

Carmax worth a try if you haven't been there.

As we always say..... YMMV.

Last edited by Scooters; 09-10-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Closest Carmax to me is an hour away in Irvine... but I'll give them a call, thanks!

Old 09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Today, I made my farewell to my 2006 4Runner LTD V8 4WD with 2933 miles at CarMax and left in peace (got very nice cash price, lost about less than 14%) knowing soon in October the new 2007 4Runner will be out and would have decreased significantly the resale value of my ex-2006 4Runner. I got $2,000.00 more than trading it in with a Toyota dealership... Nice SUV, but the MPG (13-17MPG) in city was very poor. I will enjoy my 2007 TCH very much without a doubt ... good luck to all of you shopping for new vehicle...

Last edited by agnosto; 09-10-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:32 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I still had a modest outstanding balance on my loan for my '04 Prius when I moved up to the TCH. I just traded it in since I didn't have the title in my posession (the bank had it). Not sure how CarMax handles outstanding loan balances and titles but my dealer made it painless.
J

Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 AM
WVGasGuy

(got very nice cash price, lost about less than 14%)

Be glad it was a Toyota! That's not a bad loss for a new car with low miles. You'd normally take a bigger hit. Dealers typically won't (and probably shouldn't) put more into a trade than what they can get a new one from the factory (invoice-3%)

Old 10-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Steve, we haven't seen any recent posts from you. Did you sell your TCH and keep your Lexus SC430?

Old 10-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Carmax offered me $24k on my TCH, with MSRP of $28,900. I'd sell it to them for $25,000. What's this - someone wrote that you lose the tax credit if he sells it? I don't think that is true.

Quick Reply: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands