San Diego TCH owners - oil changes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default San Diego TCH owners - oil changes?

Can all the San Diego TCH owners speak up on where they have had their oil changed? I've just passed the 10,000 mile mark and really don't want to drive all the way back out to El Cajon for service (first oil change was free, and El Cajon had 0w-20 in stock). I called both Kearny Mesa and Mossy toyota today (I live close by in La Jolla) and service advisors at at both dealerships told me they only use 10w-30 in all cars regardless if they are hybrid or not. I'm so disgusted with trying to get proper service when it comes to my TCH. How can they STILL not know what oil to use!? I then called the parts department at both dealerships and neither had 0w-20 in stock, further more they hadn't even heard of it.

I know Steve V. had a horrible experience @ Mossy awhile back, similar to my issue with the oil. So where are local San Diego TCH owners having their oil changed?

I've written up a formal letter, along with maps, and photocopy's of the manual showing what oil to use, and other documents. I'm going to send this to Toyota's corporate office in Torrance, as well as a call to the national 800 number...

Last edited by charlesc; 03-16-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: San Diego TCH owners - oil changes?

I just had my second oil change at Mossy this week. (They gave me complementary oil changes to resolve my prior major dissatisfactions with their service.) They DO carry Mobil 1 in stock, and my experience this time was good. The only small problem was that they reset my tires to 32 PSI, although I had requested higher pressures. The service was done in half an hour, as promised.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: San Diego TCH owners - oil changes?

I had mine done at Chula Vista Toyota. They totally fouled it up, despite all of my best efforts to stop them. I had an experience that is virtually identical to Steven's, so I went in prepared. They still screwed it up and put in the wrong oil. I'll get a complimentary oil change next time.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: San Diego TCH owners - oil changes?

Well, that makes me feel better! Actually, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Go directly to the Customer Relations manager at the dealership. I asked for SIX free synthetic oil changes, and got them.