Attn: San Diego Navigation 7.1 owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Enthusiast
Default Attn: San Diego Navigation 7.1 owners

I'm trying to decide whether to purchase the 7.1 nav DVD. Do you know if the CA-125 extension that just opened a couple weeks ago is on the new NAV DVD? The portion of the 125 is SOUTH of the 54 and extends downward to the 905 near the Mexican border. This is a key determination for me since this road is near my house in Eastlake.

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: Attn: San Diego Navigation 7.1 owners

I'd just about bet that a road that opened a year ago here won't be on the 7.1 update. I'll know later this afternoon when I swing by the dealer to pick it up.

Last edited by jay_man2; 11-29-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast

That's what I'm afraid of. This is a major freeway extension that I'm going to be using on a daily basis. Right now on my 6.1 disk (with the override features of 5.1), the new road is not shown and the nav is not helpful near home.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

I knew just by looking at the copyright dates that the stretch of road I was interested in still wouldn't be mapped, and I confirmed that on my drive home from the dealer.

The Denso (DVD/NAV system manufacturer) copyright date for the disc is 2007, but the NAVTEQ (map supplier) copyright date is 2006.

I dare say you're two years away from a map update that includes a road that just opened two weeks ago.

On a positive note, that darn "I agree" button is gone. After a brief warning display, the map screen appears.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jay_man2
On a positive note, that darn "I agree" button is gone. After a brief warning display, the map screen appears.
I'm going to try to make an override version of 7.1 version of the DVD as I've done with 6.1. I think I'll probably end up being stuck with the "I agree" button, but at least I'll be able to override the lockouts to use the functions while driving. As far as I can tell from here and the lexus forums, nobody has made an override of our denso nav software using the v. 7.1 map files yet. When I get the disk, I'll post my results.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spam2000
I'm going to try to make an override version of 7.1 version of the DVD as I've done with 6.1. I think I'll probably end up being stuck with the "I agree" button, but at least I'll be able to override the lockouts to use the functions while driving. As far as I can tell from here and the lexus forums, nobody has made an override of our denso nav software using the v. 7.1 map files yet. When I get the disk, I'll post my results.
Any results to post yet?

thanks!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spam2000
As far as I can tell from here and the lexus forums, nobody has made an override of our denso nav software using the v. 7.1 map files yet. When I get the disk, I'll post my results.
Actually yes, some people have done it. A guy at ToyotaNation did his. You do get the "I agree" button back.

Later!

Dang

Old 01-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
Any results to post yet?

thanks!
I still don't have the 7.1 disk files. Once I get them, I think I could easily modify them to override. My buddy was going to by a new Tundra with Nav, but he hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:56 AM

Does anyone know if the Lexus NAV disc is the same as our TCH disc?

I have what I think is the Lexus 7.1 disc. After a little playing around with it I cannot get my system to read the map content. The system loads, I just get an error reading the maps. This could be because I tried a 5.1 LOADING.KWI file as an override hack attempt.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 01-23-2008, 02:37 PM

My son just bought an '08 Scion tC with nav, which has the 7.1 DVD. No override, as we expected. We tried my TCHs (old) 5.1 DVD, and and the new "Hybrid DVD" ..it would not recognive either. We pulled the radio fuse, and it should have reloaded the firmware, but no go. To confirm, we then pulled the fuse again, and it loaded the firmware for his 7.1DVD. It appears that there is a difference in the base systems, or they have gotten cleaver, and we can no longer make the "Hybrid DVDs" ....for 7.1 anyway.

What we did, however, is put in a very simple switch, that effectively cuts the speed senser wire to the NAV when switched, that allows entering destinations while moving, then he switches back, and all is good. If anyone wants more info, just let me know, and I can give the details on what we did on his Scion. I would imagine this would also work on the TCH.

Quick Reply: Attn: San Diego Navigation 7.1 owners

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands