Best place to get oil change in San Diego?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Best place to get oil change in San Diego?

Any tips on a good place for getting an oil change in San Diego? I have a 2006 Civic Hybrid. For my first change I took it to Goodyear cause I bought one of those 5 "free" oil change for $50 cards they were selling door to door. When I showed up for my "free" oil change they hit me with a $12.99/quart charge cause I needed 0w-20 oil which is not covered by the "free" promotion.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Wannabe Hypermiler
Default Re: Best place to get oil change in San Diego?

I know this doesn't sound like the most cost effective place, but how about a Honda dealership? They charge more than a ma and pa garage (~$29), but I've never had a problem and they always use the correct viscosity, plus they check all the other fluids.

If you go, make it clear that you just want an oil change . . . not a $100 "minor service" or "checkup" or whatever crap they make up to charge you more.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip. I'll check and see how much they charge.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eskrimast1
I know this doesn't sound like the most cost effective place, but how about a Honda dealership? They charge more than a ma and pa garage (~$29), but I've never had a problem and they always use the correct viscosity, plus they check all the other fluids.

If you go, make it clear that you just want an oil change . . . not a $100 "minor service" or "checkup" or whatever crap they make up to charge you more.
Are you saying that the dealer only charges you approx. $29 for an oil change? Thats pretty close to materials only. The oil is about $6/qt (you'll need 4 qts) and the filter is about $5, so the materials alone are $29. That doesn't include the typical charge for misc. 'shop supplies' and the disposal fee for the old oil. If you can get the dealer to do it for $29, then you are getting a real bargain.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

ATTENTION ALL HONDA OWNERS IN SAN DIEGO:
Do NOT go to HOEHN HONDA in Carlsbad! They are a HUGE ripoff!!!! (I went to a private mechanic, but he said go to the dealer for the first oil change.) I was quoted $60.00 for my oil change and tire rotation. I thought that was a lot, but decided to do it since the mechanic told me to.

After waiting there for 2 hours, my bill is $100!!! $70.00 for the oil change and $30.00 for a freaking tire rotation!!! I will do it myself for 30 bucks!!! Anyways, I complained and showed them the email with the $60 price quote. Long story short, I didn't get a penny out of them. I have also heard (after I went to Hoehn Honda) from several benz owners that Hoehn Mercedes sucks. I would advise against going to any dealership, but if you have to go to one, be sure its not Hoehn!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:36 PM
"Manalo"

Best bargain out there would be doing it yourself in the comfort of your own garage. Although, it may require some work and tools (ramps, oil pan, oil filter wrench, 14mm open end wrench) it will save you money in the long run and you'll be sure the job was done right. Finding 0w-20 is like sifting through dirt for gold out here in SD but the I usually call in before I head out to Napa and usually run about $5-6/qt.

So in all I spend about ~$40 (4qts, oil filter,fuel injector cleaner)

Don't forget to recycle your oil afterwards

Old 02-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Don't forget to recycle your oil afterwards
That is the main reason that I didn't do it myself. It costs $10 to have them come pick it up, or I can drive out to Vista and drop it off. I also don't have ramps, wrench, pan, etc so it's easiest just to take it in. The mechanic is a 5 minute walk from my house, so I don't have to worry about getting a ride or waiting around.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

The BEST bargain is to have your girlfriend change the oil while you go surfing.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast

hey it should be vice versa surfer1966 . I go to Elite Service Center for my lexus ct's oil changes and their cheaper than the Lexus dealers but not cheaper than mom and pop's service centers. They do use factory parts so that's why I go to them. I don't think they do honda's but you can call and ask, seems like their strictly Toyota and Lexus. Here's their info

8268 Miramar Rd.
San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 381-0303
http://www.eliteservicecenter.com/

Old 01-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks! I'll check it out next time I need an oil change.

Quick Reply: Best place to get oil change in San Diego?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands