Replacing front grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Replacing front grill

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Maybe an age thing. I'm a baby-boomer and have no inclination or energy to change the look of my TCH. It's just fine.
I think you might be right. I'm also a babby-boomer. Other than adding body side molding to help reduce the odds of door dings, and tinting the windows, I have no inclination to change anything else. The TCH is a sharp looking, comfortable car.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:11 AM

Boy, I guess I need to state where I'm coming from.

I am certainly a lot younger (24) than the last two folks who posted. But, this is my FIRST NEW car and I hope to customize and have a little fun while I still have time and money (read: 'no family yet').

I do like to upgrade audio and I am going to add a little custom lighting but other than and the grill I probably wont do much. Maybe remove the back hybrid badge because I think it looks tacky. Oh and MAYBE body side molding although I been testing cars in the lot at work by opening my door and seeing where it hits the car and nearly 90% of the time the modlings don't do a darn thing if the vehicle hitting you is a small truck , SUV, or larger.

The TCH is a very nice looking and awesome car. Hopefully I'll have mine soon.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

It's great at least one youngster likes the Camry style. I know Toyota realizes it must get younger folks into it's fold hence my previous reference to the Scions.
Personally I am a little surprized the Camry appeals to many younger drivers or is it the Hybrid technology that does?

Old 02-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Dear Belbe - yes, it's a guy thing.

I liken it to the diff with a mans wallet (simple, enough for money, CC, a few other items) and a womans purse (full of things that haven't seen the light of day for years)?

Or, the master bathroom sink area. Men have (usually): toothbrush & paste, comb, razor, and ? Women... let's say that most of the real estate in the bathroom is owned by them.

Or, the medicine cabinet..... o.k. you get the point. Women can spend hours putting on makeup, doing the hair, getting dressed, and god knows what else goes on in that sanctuary known as the bathroom. Men shower and shake off the water - good to go from there.

Ergo - - - men hunt down what they need and go to the next task. Quick - clean - simple. Women can browse, wander, scope out stores ALL DAY without buying a thing! Go figure...

But we love 'em, right guys!!

Maybe we just "mark our territory" this way in customize car stuff.

My goal isn't to "bling" it out like a South Central L.A. hood mobile. Just some touch's that make it a bit different the the others (ladies like that sort of thing, right? ). Just like there is a difference in a man's or woman's appearance, guys cars are sort of the same. You ladies look at the other levels of styles in men just like guys look at cars (body, color, emblems, etc).

Seriously, having a little fun in personalizing your ride should actaully be considered a good thing.

But, I stop at putting dingle-***** around the windshield and spinner wheels.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I think sexual orientation must play a part as well.
Also a person's race.
A person's color.
And of course a person's creed are important factors.
Then there's one's nationality.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Last edited by schmidtj; 02-23-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:21 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Cheap SE grill if you want to take a chance that there are still enough tabs for a solid installation.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by flopshot
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Cheap SE grill if you want to take a chance that there are still enough tabs for a solid installation.
Hmmm, red on a black car...haha...would look interesting.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Hmmm, red on a black car...haha...would look interesting.
Whether you buy from him or from the factory, you will need to paint it (unless you happen to have a red car already), so no "extra cost" involved.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by flopshot
Whether you buy from him or from the factory, you will need to paint it (unless you happen to have a red car already), so no "extra cost" involved.
You wouldn't be able to get a black one?

Old 03-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
You wouldn't be able to get a black one?
You would. The ones you buy from the parts department come pre-painted.

Quick Reply: Replacing front grill

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands