Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Replacing front grill (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/replacing-front-grill-12281/)

mikieboyblue 02-12-2007 08:35 PM

Replacing front grill

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if the SE grill will fit on the TCH? I really like the sporty grill look but just can't seem to find the answer on Google. Heck I can't even find where to buy one (other than a dealer that is).

Thanks,
Mike

kris 02-12-2007 08:38 PM

Re: Replacing front grill

Yes you can, easily. And you can find one at online parts places, such as toyotaworld.

schmidtj 02-13-2007 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue (Post 111754)
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if the SE grill will fit on the TCH? I really like the sporty grill look but just can't seem to find the answer on Google. Heck I can't even find where to buy one (other than a dealer that is).

Thanks,
Mike

I just can't help feeling the dark grill of the SE makes the Camry's front look like the mask on "Scary Movie".
:)

kris 02-13-2007 06:13 AM

I'm thinking about painting the grey slats on the hybrid grille to match the body color...

schmidtj 02-13-2007 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by kris (Post 111793)
I'm thinking about painting the grey slats on the hybrid grille to match the body color...

My grill already matches my body color. Do you mean painting a SE grill? Sort of defeats the purpose then doesn't it?

ag4ever 02-13-2007 06:31 AM

SE grill has the honey comb look, so even if it was painted it would look different.

does your hybrid have a body colored grill? I thought they all came with the grey grill, or do you have a grey car?

mikieboyblue 02-13-2007 06:56 AM

The TCHs I have seen all have chromed slats in the grill. I'm not sure what mine will be.

Thanks for the info...I love the sporty look of the SE grill. Just one of the few things I want to do to this car.

flopshot 02-13-2007 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue (Post 111802)
The TCHs I have seen all have chromed slats in the grill. I'm not sure what mine will be.

All hybrids come with the chrome grill. I haven't seen any SE grills for sale on Ebay, just XLE/LE grills. In fact, many of the XLE/LE people are buying the hybrid grill, since they like the chrome look. So you will probably need to purchase the SE grill from your dealer, so expect to pay an arm and a leg. But you can recoup some of your cost by selling your hybrid grill.

mikieboyblue 02-13-2007 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by flopshot (Post 111818)
All hybrids come with the chrome grill. I haven't seen any SE grills for sale on Ebay, just XLE/LE grills. In fact, many of the XLE/LE people are buying the hybrid grill, since they like the chrome look. So you will probably need to purchase the SE grill from your dealer, so expect to pay an arm and a leg. But you can recoup some of your cost by selling your hybrid grill.

That is what it is looking like. I can't seem to find one around (even on ToyotaWorld). The biggest problem is I have no clue what the part number is.

Is there an easy method of finding a part number other than the dealer? The SE grill is officially the "sport grill"...

Any clue how much one of these things costs? I may just stick with the stock grill as it isn't THAT bad...and I have other things I'd like to do with my money.

Thanks,
Mike

schmidtj 02-14-2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by ag4ever (Post 111795)
does your hybrid have a body colored grill? I thought they all came with the grey grill, or do you have a grey car?

I checked and the grill is grey with chrome accents. My car is Desert Sand Mica.