Radio Text

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Radio Text

Originally Posted by coolshock1
You couldn't have said that in your previous post? You are just trying to bump your own count up!!!
You got me.... ... that's one more.... ok I'll stop...

Old 04-03-2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by haroldo
I don't have sattelite radio, but want to know about the radio text. I seem to recall seeing in my friend's Suburban (but am not positive) that the FM stations displayed the song and artist. I've pressed the text button on my TCH, but never see the text.
Do some FM stations broadcast the text (or was I mistaken and was I actually seeing the Satellite Radio text)?
Many FM radio stations broadcast with RDS, which contains information like song title and artist, and RDS-capable headunits can display that text. This is completely separate functionality from a headunits capability to display title/track information from MP3's, CD's, and satellite radio.

1) The Camry NAV radio is RDS capable.

2) The Camry non-NAV JBL unit is not RDS-capable.

3) The Camry non-JBL unit is not RDS-capable.

Search for "RDS" and you should find a few posts discussing this topic.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Driving in stealth mode

You da man Flopshot. Now if only you come to Illinois and mod my car a little.....of course you would need to bring the cash to cover it too! :-)

Old 04-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Enthused Driver

Originally Posted by haroldo
I don't have sattelite radio, but want to know about the radio text. I seem to recall seeing in my friend's Suburban (but am not positive) that the FM stations displayed the song and artist. I've pressed the text button on my TCH, but never see the text.
Do some FM stations broadcast the text (or was I mistaken and was I actually seeing the Satellite Radio text)?
Like you, I don't have satellite enabled on my radio either, and I have never seen text from any FM station, even from ones that I know display on the radio in my wife's car. I just assumed that this was not a feature.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Larry! You broke 500 posts! Way to go buddy!
I'm embarassed, but to be honest with you, at my other web site, (I'm an admin) I've crossed 5 digits!