Purchased My Blue Ribbon Metallic TCH Yesterday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Purchased My Blue Ribbon Metallic TCH Yesterday!!!

My 9 yr. old son was persistent in making a case for the BRM color and I liked it as well. However, as often as I considered it, it seemed like a color that, though I really liked it now, I would grow tired of in 2 or 3 yrs.
I saw a titanium silver '07 Camry drive through an intersection one day while I was waiting for our Mag. Gray metallic to come it and it was stunning. There's a lot of silver cars around here too but when you're on a waiting list for the TCH everyone wonders if they could be happy with a color other than the one they ordered.

We actually had a dealer offer a titanium TCH to us while we were waiting for our gray one to arrive. It was tempting, but the main reason we declined is that I've had body men tell me that silver is one of the hardest, in not most impossible, colors to paint match if you ever need body work or paint touch up.

I can't tell you how many silver cars I've seen where one door panel was obviously a different shade of silver than another one.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

OK - I am starting a subforum devoted to the best TCH owners in the world:
I am going to call it the "Distinctive, Elite MAGnetic Gray Owners Group". That's "DEMAGGOG" for short.

Think demagogue!

LOL. I kill myself sometimes.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Ademagogue

Old 08-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I find this thread quite interesting. When I went to purchase my TCH I only had one color that was not acceptable and told the salesman I would accept any color except that one. (No, I won't state what color that was.) I had some I preferred, but it didn't make that much of a difference to me. I just find it fascinating how many people will wait to get a TCH in fill in your preferred color here. Yes, the Blue Ribbon Metallic looks wonderful (saw it on a Camry LE yesterday), but so does the red, Pearl Green, my Titanium, etc. Even old man tan (my wife especially liked that one).

Old 08-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Agreed on the two top colors. I also like the Camry in white. It looks sleek.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
OK - I am starting a subforum devoted to the best TCH owners in the world:
I am going to call it the "Distinctive, Elite MAGnetic Gray Owners Group". That's "DEMAGGOG" for short.

Think demagogue!

LOL. I kill myself sometimes.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Ademagogue

You're hillarious, Spiff. It's great to get some humor in here sometimes. I like our mag. gray metallic but I'm sure it's not everybody's first choice (as evidenced by this thread).

I do admit to trying to appeal to the audience I'm speaking/writing to through logic and gut feelings but I claim innocense at making false claims and promises.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast

Spiff, finally someone who knows his colors lol. sk