View Poll Results: Have you had problems Prius drivers?
Yes, definitely with Prius owners specifically
4.55%
Yes, I've noticed with other hybrids other than TCH
0%
I haven't noticed or given attention to it - My car has the bullet proof upgrade
4.55%
No, no problems that I've noticed
90.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Problems with Prius Drivers? (Or other Hybrid owners)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Problems with Prius Drivers? (Or other Hybrid owners)

Originally Posted by OmegaOmega
....I've noticed an unusual rudeness and aggression from Prius and other Hybrid drivers on the road.

Has anybody else experienced this?....
I've been driving a TCH around the east bay for six months now. The only rude thing that I've seen Prius drivers doing is driving in the far left lane well under the speed limit. It's not only the Prius', but they're the ones that stick out. Most of the Prius drivers I've seen do the opposite and drive well over the speed limit. I drive at or slightly above the speed limit (70-75 mph), and I'm passed every day by Prius' doing 85-90 mph (est.).

Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SciFi Guy
I drive at or slightly above the speed limit (70-75 mph), and I'm passed every day by Prius' doing 85-90 mph (est.).

This falls more in line with my observation of Prius drivers. Definitely not conservative.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Pruis drivers here in our area (St. Louis and suburbs) seem more conservative (actually driving the speed limit, staying in the slow lane and generally not cutting you off and driving like jerks). Wish everyone else drove like they do.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SciFi Guy
I've been driving a TCH around the east bay for six months now. The only rude thing that I've seen Prius drivers doing is driving in the far left lane well under the speed limit. It's not only the Prius', but they're the ones that stick out. Most of the Prius drivers I've seen do the opposite and drive well over the speed limit. I drive at or slightly above the speed limit (70-75 mph), and I'm passed every day by Prius' doing 85-90 mph (est.).
I have noticed that too... When I lived in Oregon they'd **** everyone off on the road because they'd be doing 45-50 in the passing lane, but down here I see them fly by me when I'm already doing 80. I can't imagine them hitting the 60mpg mark at that rate. **** commy bastards

I wonder if it's just a California thing...

Old 01-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Along for the ride.....

Originally Posted by OmegaOmega
I just received my TCH two weeks ago as a Christmas present, and drove it from Oregon back down to California.

Jeeze - All I got was an iPod