Ugh - Squeaky Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Ugh - Squeaky Armrest

Now that the cold weather has set in, my armrest seems to have developed a squeak. Has anyone else heard this, and have you tried any "fixes"?

For me, it seems to squeak the most when I am lightly resting my arm on it, and when I am going over bumps...

Old 12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ugh - Squeaky Armrest

Yes, my armrest has developed a pop/click sound (more than a squeak). The most effective fix thus far is not to rest my arm on it.

I imagine there will be dozens of others posting here on this same topic. The countdown begins....

Old 12-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Mine does the same - I did put a few felts pads under it to tighten the clasp - it helped a little - but not completely....

I can also say that my Chevy's and Fords squeak less than the TCH in cold weather - I want to rip my dash out it is so annoying in the cold weather....

Old 12-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
Yes, my armrest has developed a pop/click sound (more than a squeak). The most effective fix thus far is not to rest my arm on it.
If we're talking about the center armrest (vs. door armrest area), count me in. A "pop/click" indeed, intermittent, as if the top lid is "shifting" out of alignment.

I imagine there will be dozens of others posting here on this same topic. The countdown begins....
Yup!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm in too.... It was 30 degrees here this morning according to the dash readout and my center armrest was squeaking pretty good. As soon as I lifted my arm it would stop. I may try the felt pad thing tomorrow.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Along for the ride.....
Thumbs down Re: Ugh - Squeaky Armrest

It's happening to me too - weird......

Old 12-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Electricity Guzzler

I also have the clicky sounding center armrest. I had the dash rattle and am bringing the car back for the 6th time for the crickety rattle center console. This time they are finally renting a car for me for the day while they look at it again. I 've given them the repair instructions and pics from the site. I'm starting to get a little impatient. oh yeah, I also had the front brake squeal so they had to shim that up too.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

I hope I am not jinxing myself, but when do these squeaks and rattles kick in?

I have a two week old KY car, with 300 miles, and no squeaks and rattles, so far.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abward
I hope I am not jinxing myself, but when do these squeaks and rattles kick in?

I have a two week old KY car, with 300 miles, and no squeaks and rattles, so far.
My center console squeak started at about 1000 miles. The armrest, about 4000 or 5000 miles - but I think this is more a function of the cold weather.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by spiff72
[...] when do these squeaks and rattles kick in? I have a two week old KY car, with 300 miles [...]

My center console squeak started at about 1000 miles. The armrest, about 4000 or 5000 miles - but I think this is more a function of the cold weather.
spiff72 -- our cars came from Japan, abward's is from KY... I wonder if the ones from KY will experience the same console squeak and/or armrest click issues, or whether they'll be installing those sub-assemblies somewhat diff'tly...

Quick Reply: Ugh - Squeaky Armrest

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands