Override for 6.1 version of the Nav system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Waiting Patiently
Default Override for 6.1 version of the Nav system?

I know this question has been asked on other threads but there has not be a thread just for the question itself, so I figured I would start one so someone might see it easier who might know the answer…Is there an override function for the 6.1 version of the Navigation system so other people can use the maps and phone book when the car is in use? Can someone help?

Old 09-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Override for 6.1 version of the Nav system?

I just picked up my TCH last week...how do you know which version of the NAV system you have?

Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by klynch
I just picked up my TCH last week...how do you know which version of the NAV system you have?
If you press Menu side button (I believe), at the top of your screen you will see a "Map DVD" button. If you press that you get info about your version. Also, it may be on the DVD itself.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovekills
If you press Menu side button (I believe), at the top of your screen you will see a "Map DVD" button. If you press that you get info about your version. Also, it may be on the DVD itself.
Just be sure you aren't moving. This is one more thing that's blocked while the car is in motion.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm with you resa_80!

I will look into it at other sites and let you know if I find anything.

Update!

Someone in the Tundra Solutions website has just stated...

"The access to the engineering screens have been removed. Users will no longer be able to override the safety features or modify the regions."

I will keep looking though in case this incorrect.

Last edited by BlueCam; 09-14-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Has anybody used the 2007 TCH DVD NAV MAP with DATA ver.06.1 or later in another vehicle (i.e 2006 Sienna) that has DATA ver.05.1 ?? I would assume it will work, but I was wondering...

Old 09-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Waiting Patiently

Thanks BlueCam !

Old 09-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks, lovekills. I found that I have version 5.1 and am now wondering what data/functionality I might be missing. I thought since I just took delivery last week that I might have the newer version.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by agnosto
Has anybody used the 2007 TCH DVD NAV MAP with DATA ver.06.1 or later in another vehicle (i.e 2006 Sienna) that has DATA ver.05.1 ?? I would assume it will work, but I was wondering...
There are Hi-Res and Lo-Res NAV systems. The '04 and '05 Prius' were Lo-Res the '07 Camry's are Hi-Res. No clue what the Sienna is. Are the DVD's the same?

Old 09-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Enthusiast

I don't have the Nav Sysytem, however after doing some reading I came across two methods in starting the diagnostic mode.

Method 1
-Start the Engine
-While pressing and holding the "info" switch, opperate the light controll switch: OFF... Turn ON... Turn OFF... Turn ON...Turn OFF... Turn ON... Turn OFF.

Method 2
-Start the Engine
-From the dispaly quality adjustment screen, touch the following corners of the screen in the follwoing order: Upper left, Lower left, Upper left, Lower Left, Upper Left, Lower Left.

I'd love to know if either of these methods work.

Quick Reply: Override for 6.1 version of the Nav system?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands