Nitrogen Filled Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:20 AM
HAPPY TCH OWNER
Default Re: Nitrogen Filled Tires?

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
duanerw,
The original poster had a dealer making some ludicrous claims about tire life and mileage improvements that were false and needed to be pointed out. If you want carefree driving, then by all means, fill your tires with nitrogen. I prefer to check mine every week, look for signs of wear in the suspension system, tires, alignment issues and check for brake wear.
I have followed the replies carefully since I started this thread. Thanks for some great input. I started out just curious and at first, I thought this was a complete scam. After reading the posts and other material on the web I now think that I will change to Nitrogen. I know I do not check my tire pressure frequently enough other than when they look low or I am doing a long trip. I suppose I'm not as careful as some other owners, but for the safety factor on tire pressure alone it seems like a good idea. To spend $20 and not have to worry that I forgot to check my tires frequently enough does not sound like a bad deal at all. As for the mileage increase, if I get better mileage because my tires are properly inflated longer than great but the safety factor is a good enough reason for me.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nitrogen Filled Tires?

Yes, i have to agree with the above opinions. The dealers are just trying to make money by selling you Nitrogen. I worked on F-16's in the Air Force for 15years and they filled the aircraft tires with Nitrogen........mostly because of the altitude and pressure changes during flight. Here on earth......i don't see any of those conditions and at $40 for 4 tires filled with Nitrogen, it is a huge waste of money.