Newbie- potential TCH buyer questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie- potential TCH buyer questions

Marc...you realize that the tax credit is not available if you lease, right? The leasing company gets it!

Old 09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks - I did know that - which is why I didn't factor it into the calculations I made.

That does raise the question ... will the lease payment on TCH go up after 9/30. Ugh.

-Marc

Old 09-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast

Just stopped by a Honda dealer at lunch ... sat in a Civic for the 1st time ... wow, it's smaller than I feared.

My knee kept hitting the handbrake even with the seat all the way back. The top of my head also hit the roof. I felt claustrophobic.

The Accord is a beautiful, comfortable car ... I just can't get past the mileage and total costs vs. Camry.

Cheers,
Marc

Old 09-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Technologist

Marc,
I bought my TCH from Watertown Toyota (on Arsenal Street) back in July. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience - worked with Al Flores and Sales Manager Alex - and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They sold the car at MSRP, but Alex gave me a very generous price on a trade-in, which was just as good as a discount.

I recently drove my friend's new Acura TL, and although it's a very, very nice car, I like my TCH better - smoother, I'd say.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, Drew. I went there yesterday & put a deposit down ... very comfortable experience. Now we'll see how the trade-in pricing & process works

Cheers,
Marc

Old 08-01-2008, 12:06 AM
HAPPY TCH OWNER
Talking Re: Newbie- potential TCH buyer questions

Originally Posted by MJ-bos
Thanks, Drew. I went there yesterday & put a deposit down ... very comfortable experience. Now we'll see how the trade-in pricing & process works

Cheers,
Marc
Marc,
I also have an 07' BMW 530I w/sports pkg and there are many aspects of the TCH that I like much better. I got my TCH 10 days ago. I really like it. Plenty of room, drives well and is nothing to look down at. I have a friend that has an HCH and he gets up to 52MPG. I need more than just good mileage, I want a comfortable car with some pep and some cool technology to save me some gas money too. HCH does not do it for me (nor does the Prius). I posted this link earlier on another thread but I think it sums up nicely why most of the people here went to the TCH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWigWOB1IHo
Good Luck.