Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Re: Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Originally Posted by Russiepoo
Steve, are you still satisfied with your Sanyo Katana? I plan to order a TCH this week and need to upgrade my Sprint Sayno 8200 phone to a bluetooth phone. Based on your postings, it looks like a Katana will preform better with the TCH than a Samsung A-900. Thanks...
The best bluetooth phones I've ever used have been from Sony-Ericsson. My current model, the z520, supports the following profiles: serial port, dial-up, OBEX, FTP, Sync (w/ Outlook), and HID (yes, you can actually use this phone as a mouse too!) I can also print pictures taken with my phone directly to my HP Photosmart printer (since it has a bluetooth dongle attached). Anytime I have too many photos in the phone, I can use my computer's FTP view and delete or transfer pictures using the Windows interface instead of having to use the phone's screene. It's REALLY handy. The battery life is pretty good too -- much better than Motorola, and about equal with Nokia.

As far as reception goes, that's hard to tell. Since Cingular basically sucks, I don't know of any phone they sell that doesn't drop calls like a drunken juggler drops *****. (Don't get me started on Cingular: High price, bad customer service, phone spectrum is divided between 850MHZ and 1900MHZ but the phones can't make the jump in frequency, so they just drop calls; way too much multimedia crammed into a very shallow spectrum so it doesn't leave enough tower space for actual PHONE CALLS!!!!)

Old 09-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
The best bluetooth phones I've ever used have been from Sony-Ericsson. ...
Amen to that.
J

Old 09-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Once you've paired your Katana and Camry, pandc, to transfer data using Bluetooth, just follow this sequence:

Tools > Bluetooth > Highlight your "trusted device" > Options > Send Item

Old 09-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
I've talked to numerous people who have the new Sanyo Katana, and many who have the Samsung A-900 that I dumped. The conclusion: I never met anyone who didn't love the Katana, and never met anyone who could stand the A-900. The Katana has been an exellent phone so far, and my past Sanyos have been very good. Sprint reps routinely tell me that Sanyo has better reception and quality. The Katana integrates flawlessly with the Camry, allowing all Bluetooth features to be accessed, and its reception and battery life are infinitely better than the Samsung piece-of-@#$%. Even basic features such as the speakerphone are much better with the Katana. Think Costco, if possible, due to their liberal return policy. Glad that my post may have helped someone.
Steve, thanks for confirming that you are still satisfied with your Katana. I plan to order one tomorrow to go with the new TCH I ordered today.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Finally got my entire phonebook transferred Steve...thanks for your help

Old 09-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Arrow Re: Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Life's good, isn't it?

Old 09-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Neither my TCH or XLE let me do what you ask. It's a function of the BT implementation Toyota chose and not the BT design in general.
As you have found, some HF devices let you access the features on the phone directly probably because they don't have those features in the HF device.
Toyota's BT has a phonebook and voicedial command set of it's own so I suspect that's the reason they chose to not include the ability to access your phone's equivalents.
J
Thanks, J. pretty confounding, eh?? But I guess that's why we're "customers" and they're "rich", I guess???

Old 09-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

A question for those of you who have the LG VX8300: do the external button on the front of the phone have any other function besides playback of music? I thought when LG first added buttons to the front (on the VX8100?) the buttons could also be used to scroll through text messages or maybe some other info without opening the phone. From what I can tell about the VX8300, the sole use for the external buttons is to control music playback.

I don't ever intend to use my phone to listen to music (that's what an iPod is for!) so I think I'd be kind of annoyed to look at my phone every day and see three useless buttons staring back at me. So I'm considering just getting the VX5300.

My Verizon contract expires today and I am itching to get a Bluetooth phone...

Old 09-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Enthusiast

I have two bluetooth issues. This is the fist time I've used bluetooth, so I don't know if this is normal.

First, bluetooth disconnects and can't detect the phone in the middle of driving somewhere. When I first get in and start the car, all is fine. Then sometimes it drops it - haven't figured out a pattern though it doesn't happen too often.

Second, for up to a minute after I get out of the car, the bluetooth is still connected. That means that if someone tried to call in that window, despite me "answering" on my phone, I can't hear anything because it's still trying to talk through the car.

Anybody know what I can do about this?

Old 09-29-2006, 06:57 AM

This does not seem normal to me. It's possible that mine has lost connection while I wasn't on the phone and didn't notice it. But to the best of my knowledge it's never happened.

Mine disconnects within a few seconds of turning off the car.

Quick Reply: Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands