List of pertinent TSB's

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bo005-07 Water Leak At Headliner Or Floor Area

Originally Posted by SpacenJason
I have not yet experienced any water leaks from the moon roof or foot well area. Does the TSB indicate which foot well area might become wet? I would think it would be the rear foot wells, but I have no idea where the moon roof drains would drain. I guess a better question would be, is there a schematic for the moon roof drain hoses?

BTW, I suppose I could pull out my headliner, but I don't have any problems (yet) and don't wish to face that beast.

Jason
TSB says " hose may become loose and water could leak",that would suggest possibility of a problem and solution to fix it if the problem shows up. If you don't have a problem why would you ever want to do anything and possibly mess something else up especially that the car is on warranty? I broke passenger side kick panel, trying to get to some radio wires, cost me like $50-100 to get a new one from a dealer, so speak I from experience . I drove my TCH in very heavy rain, possibly worse than I have seen in years and no leaks whatsoever. This TSB would be something to remember lets say 5 years from now, if you have a leak then. Repair manual which could be downloaded from Thundra or Toyota website has everything you would ever need to take the car apart to the last screw, including drain hoses, so if you're DIY type of guy, you pretty much need to get it sooner or later.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: List of pertinent TSB's

Pete, sorry to hear about your kick panel, and hopefully you were able to find what you were looking for in there. I actually have no intentions of pulling down the headliner. This is the first car I have had with a moon roof and I guess I wasn't aware that it would have a drain system.

Jason

Old 06-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

The TSB does not have a schematic of the drain tubes.
There are four drains.
Two at the forward track corners with the window in the closed position and two and the rear track corners with the window in the full open position. It looks like they would drain to the front AND read foot well areas though.
As with any TSB the operative posture would be:

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 PM
SPL

For everyone's information, here's TSB2757, which is the Canadian version of the U.S. TSB NV005-07 "Shifter Trim Squeak Noise," that I got from my dealer. I apologize for the five separate files, each with a single GIF image, but the GH site wouldn't accept them all together in a single ZIP or DOC file, and of course, it also won't accept GIF files directly.

Stan

Attached Files
File Type: zip
TSB2757, page1.zip (382.0 KB, 128 views)
TSB2757, page2.zip (213.5 KB, 80 views)
TSB2757, page3.zip (242.2 KB, 70 views)
TSB2757, page4.zip (259.0 KB, 66 views)
TSB2757, page5.zip (295.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 06-06-2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by SpacenJason
Pete, sorry to hear about your kick panel, and hopefully you were able to find what you were looking for in there. I actually have no intentions of pulling down the headliner. This is the first car I have had with a moon roof and I guess I wasn't aware that it would have a drain system.

Jason
Just about any car that has moon roof, it will also have drain hoses, the way it was explained to me was that this area can't be made completely water proof and drain hoses will take care of any water that gets in. Thanks for the sympathy, but I learned another lesson and some are not for free. On the other hand that kick panel is really messed up, there are 2 fasteners, top and bottom , one you need to slide toward front of the car, another to the back of the car for them to release, but I assumed they both release in the same direction and either I'm too strong for my own good or this plastic is too weak and just cracked when I was pushing it wrong way.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by SPL
For everyone's information, here's TSB2757, which is the Canadian version of the U.S. TSB NV005-07 "Shifter Trim Squeak Noise," that I got from my dealer. I apologize for the five separate files, each with a single GIF image, but the GH site wouldn't accept them all together in a single ZIP or DOC file, and of course, it also won't accept GIF files directly.
Stan, thank you very much!

While it's the Canadian/metric version (e.g 60K km), just having a hard copy in my hands is exactly what I'll need later this year... While my console's squeaking is gone for now (after much fussing with it over several months), I suspect it'll be back once the temps drop again. This time, I'll let the dealer change that @$%^ piece once & for all!

Old 06-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Enthusiast

Is anyone aware of a fix or TSB for the driver side window ticking/rattle noise? Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Roger7
Is anyone aware of a fix or TSB for the driver side window ticking/rattle noise? Any help would be much appreciated.
No but there is one for the front windshield clicking. Are you SURE it's the side window?

Old 06-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
No but there is one for the front windshield clicking. Are you SURE it's the side window?
Yes I am pretty sure it is the driver side window.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Enthusiast

Anybody have a copy of the TSB for "Moon Roof Rattles"?

Quick Reply: List of pertinent TSB's

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands