An Idiot @ WomanMotorist.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: An Idiot @ WomanMotorist.com

Originally Posted by GeekGal
You are a real hoot, livvie (and I mean that in the kindest way possible.) The government makes the figures. Honda wants to sell the car. You decide who's "more right". The topic of relevance of EPA mileage data is definitely "another topic", btw, and we can bounce that one around for awhile in another thread if that's a sore spot (like it is with most of us.)
Actually the goverment site doesn't have the 2007 Honda CRV listed... so I assume you took the 2006 figures? Ok... it's 1 mpg difference. So fine it's 29mpg. So the average is: 25 vs 32 mpg. Assume FWD? I will probably get the AWD so the numbers are less for both, but it actually brings the CRV closer to the Ford.

For about the same price right?

In the Honda case, I get a fully loaded CRV for 26K compared to 29K for the Ford Escape.

As for quality, I guess one could argue they are the same but I am not the one to do so.

Uhm, the original reason this thread was posted mentioned that exact quote. Strayed a bit from topic, we did... but as with most discussions, somehow it gets whipped around back to the beginning, even if anadvertantly, at some point.

I've already shown you. I can't and wouldn't force you, which is what you seem to be waiting for.

And others including myself have pointed out that is just not accurate. But "clean" is moot since in your own words a clean vehicle is only clean if one can pump the exhaust into the cabin.

I dislike repeating myself so I'm done with this thread. You seem to be in skip...skip...skip... er, repeat mode as well. This thread's pretty much roadkill, imho. We're all just standing around with hands in pockets wondering what in the world the person across from us is thinking. I'm sure there are other things we could talk about that are more interesting and more productive. Or not.
Ok... I win.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:57 AM

Could someone put us out of our misery and close this thread.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:03 AM

Is this how trolling looks like?