ICE with high revs

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Happy 07 TCH Owner
Default ICE with high revs

I've driven my wife's TCH several times in good weather and the ICE has ran several times while driving and on inclines, no noise. However, on the 404 mile trip we just took in bad weather, (snow, rain, high head winds, and major inclines), the ICE started and produced high revs. At first I didn't know what the noise was since I had never heard it before. I'm guessing that the high revs were due to the heavy torque demand due to the conditions. Anyone else noticed this with the ICE.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ICE with high revs

A couple of times the ICE started for me right when I started the car. It could have been that I wasn't expecting it, but it seemed loud to me then. Just wish sometimes that it had a tach. I know it's useless, but how useful is it with an auto transmission and lots of them have tachs.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ICE with high revs

On steep inclines, the ICE takes over, this happens to me quite often as my daily commute is thru some hills. Remember that your ICE is only 147hp and is trying to move a relative large car for that amount of power, so the RPM will be high.