easier way to fix break lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 08:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default easier way to fix break lights?

My 2007 Camry hybrid is due for inspection, so I checked break pads, lights etc to avoid nasty surprises and found out passenger side break light doesn't work. In every other car (including non hybrid Camry) this is couple dollars 30 seconds fix, but here it looks like MORE THAN A $100 new whole light assembly is required and half a day work with removal of rear bumper etc. Anybody has a better, suggestion?

Old 04-22-2020, 09:32 PM
Default Re: easier way to fix break lights?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...p+assembly,807

Old 05-01-2020, 03:52 PM
Default Re: easier way to fix break lights?

Thanks Keith for the link, but after looking at electrical diagrams, checking the wiring with voltmeter etc. it came out that connector plug was oxygenated and not making contact. After spraying inside of the connector with lubricant and plug in and out few times the lights are working fine.
From the beginning I was suspecting LED's shouldn't fail so quick (14 yrs only) and something was just not connecting and lucky for me it was outside of enclosure connector, easy fix if you know what it is. So if anybody has similar issue, clean the connectors first, before buying and replacing parts. This is a second time I have connector contact issues. About a year ago I had errors for traction battery voltage on some cells, was ready to buy new battery, but first took it out, cleaned the connectors and 20k miles later still it;s working fine. I love this car.