Driving Condiitions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driving Condiitions

Jimmy,

Thanks to you and your better half for service "above and beyond the call........"

You may well save me from myself and the parts desk man.

I'll keep you posted.

Jack

Old 09-10-2008, 11:15 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Smilin' Jack — Previous threads you might want to look at regarding block heater installation are (amongst others):
"Engine block heater installation instructions"
"Engine block heater"
By the way, the cord has a rubber cover that protects the 3-pin plug from the weather when the heater is not in use.

Stan

Old 09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jimmy,
Stan,

Thanks again for the continued help.

I had some concern that the .....900 unit would not be right, reinforced by my memory that the picture I saw at the dealer parts desk looked more like an immersion heater than a "dry well" heated like the ...889.

I called the dealer and the confirmed that the 09 TCH application was correct.

Later I found the following picture and notes, which have allayed my fears for now:

http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-00213-00900.aspx

The picture looked similar to the one in the ttora thread for the ...889. (Thanks, Jimmy)

And the applications included 2001-2009 Prius as well as 2002-2009 Camry 4-cyl even if not specifically TCH.

So, for now I'm happy to wait and see what comes in.

Meanwhile, I'll review the installation thread. (Thanks, Stan.)

Jack

Last edited by Smilin' Jack; 09-11-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: completeness
Old 09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That 900 sure looks like it. I also says it fits the 2.4 4-cyl which the hybrid uses other than the Atkins cycle cam instead of the standard gas cam for the gas powered Camry.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:57 AM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by SPL

Droid13 — I ran the cord through the lower radiator grille prior to having the dealer install the heater. This is possible to do, without breaking the plastic grille, provided you run the heater plug end of the cord through the grille from the outside, since this plug is smaller than the 3-pin mains plug at the outside end. I used cable ties to anchor the 3-pin plug firmly to the grille's slats, below the front license plate, so it's not very visible.

Stan
Just finished re-routing the cord. Fortunately I was able to squeeze the plug from the inside of the grille to the outside so I didn't have to completely reroute the cable and remove all the tie wraps the dealer put in. It was a snug fit coming out, but did so without problems...