Bye Bye TCH and good luck to you all

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bye Bye TCH and good luck to you all

So what are we going to talk about? Recycling? Saving on electric bills? Planting trees?

Old 01-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

For someone ranting about off-topic posts (eg. comments about a purported lack of "green" threads), it's funny just how much off-topic "stuff" one person has injected into this thread.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Originally Posted by juicius
So... You are ranting about my no-so-green self posting in a forum you have admitted is not-so-green as being out of place? Certainly, logic is not your strong suit.

Earth survived a catastrophic meteor impact and extinction of dinosaurs. It can certainly weather us. But if you like, substitute meteor impact with the Biblical great flood if that suits your preacher sensibilities.
Logic eludes you, so it would seem. To point out the flaws you simply display in signing up to a GREEN site, and then showcase your lack of GREEN enthusiasm, is a pointless exercise; you see what you want to see.

And as to the 'great flood': A nice fable, but hardly fact. For some of us, the 'old' testament is just that: Old.

Tell you what: If the planet does manage to survive us, it will be due to our participation in our own demise. Brought about, no doubt, by the masses idiotic feeble minded attitudes towards preserving the planet.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Originally Posted by GeekGal
For someone ranting about off-topic posts (eg. comments about a purported lack of "green" threads), it's funny just how much off-topic "stuff" one person has injected into this thread.
Actually, if you cared to read the posts, what I am ranting about, is the lack of GREEN enthusiasm, or attitude, displayed on this site; this thread in particular.

I have not been ranting about 'off topic' posts. If this was a rant about off topic posts, then I would be as guilty as charged.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJandHybrids
Well, it's too bad, but nits like Kluken are what I personally see as the problem with all too many people. Selfish attitudes. Me first, and everyone else second.

I am 'plucking down' a considerable amount of money on my two hybrids. I spend extra money on hemp grocery bags. I recycle. I am doing what I can, to save the planet. And on a site, called (it appears Ironically), 'GreenHybrid', I would have thought I would have more support. But from what I gather here, and having spent some time reading other threads, it seems that the trend of me first in no where close to extinction..

In order to save the planet, (a planet, in part, ruined by our collective forefathers, I might add), is going to require a concentrated effort on all our parts. Otherwise, if the warm winter that we are experiencing was not enough of a barometer to the planets demise, along with polar bears taking up residence in Fridges, then what other proof do we need that the planet is warming up?

Rant on me all you wish. I will shout out to the mountains, till the stones hear me wail; I will fight for this planet, even if my effort is small.

Have a swell day.
Here's the thing. On a fundamental level I actually agree with you about the general state of affairs. Millions of monster SUVs, people raging at each other about who gets to be at the front of the 85mph line of traffic, irrational aversions towards hybrid cars and other advanced modes of transportation, and a generally ridiculous consumption of energy can only be explained by fundamental problems within ourselves. I think it's part selfishness, part laziness, part cluelessness, part fear, and much more. And it's tearing us and our planet to pieces.

But what to do about it? I really don't think that an angry bludgeoning is the answer. People do not respond well to being attacked. That does not cause change. If anything it does the exact opposite of what you are after, which I presume is to change minds. I'm just telling you that this effort would be much more effective if you tried to find a little piece of common ground with the people. Use that to build understanding, a little good will, and then try to be a positive influence. We need to make it about 'us' collectively instead of 'us vs. them.'

Old 01-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJandHybrids
Actually, it's what the REAL preachers sound like, when they are 'off stage'. I just don't hide who I am. A person. Who likes SCRUBS. Who listens to METALLICA. Who is pierced.

I am as I said I am: The preacher your mother warned you about.

Funny. Most people think preachers are too high and mighty. If you think I'm not too holy, then more power to me, since I never want to be as 'holy' as Pat Robertson. Or that dude from Colorado who preached against gay sex and drugs, yet was caught up in both.

Talking like what, BTW? I said nothing that is not in the Bible. Read it some day. FILLED with 'dirty' words, it is.
Sounds like someone that would drink pink lemonaid or be waiting for the Hale Bob. ROTFFLMAO!!!!

Old 01-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Originally Posted by brick
Here's the thing. On a fundamental level I actually agree with you about the general state of affairs. Millions of monster SUVs, people raging at each other about who gets to be at the front of the 85mph line of traffic, irrational aversions towards hybrid cars and other advanced modes of transportation, and a generally ridiculous consumption of energy can only be explained by fundamental problems within ourselves. I think it's part selfishness, part laziness, part cluelessness, part fear, and much more. And it's tearing us and our planet to pieces.

But what to do about it? I really don't think that an angry bludgeoning is the answer. People do not respond well to being attacked. That does not cause change. If anything it does the exact opposite of what you are after, which I presume is to change minds. I'm just telling you that this effort would be much more effective if you tried to find a little piece of common ground with the people. Use that to build understanding, a little good will, and then try to be a positive influence. We need to make it about 'us' collectively instead of 'us vs. them.'
Perhaps. But on the other hand, sometimes we need a swift kick to the rear to get moving. As we sit here, typing away, another acre of the rain forest is being mauled. Another Hummer fills up, it's tank ever thirsty, as it's soccer mom smokes another cigarette whilst talking on the cell phone right under the sign that says you should not do those things whilst pumping gas.

I wish that twenty years ago, hybrids has been pushed. Then maybe by now, we could have changed the planet a bit in the positive. I fear it may be too late now, but I feel that one has to do what one can. I can not live a life 'off the grid' as it were, but I can do what I can.

If people get mad at me, and discuss why they are mad at me, at least someone is reading these words, and may be changing their mind and are now ready to face the challenge.

If I (an millions like me), are wrong, and the planet is not in dire need, then the result will be a healthier planet due to our work. If, however, the planet is worse off then we are aware, as is often the case, then we all need to work towards a goal of preserving this place. Would you pee on your couch, then sit on it? No. So why would anyone continue to want to pollute the planet, the place we all sit?

I'm not sure why anyone would.

Last edited by TJandHybrids; 01-06-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Originally Posted by skywagon
Sounds like someone that would drink pink lemonaid or be waiting for the Hale Bob. ROTFFLMAO!!!!
Naw, I'm not a fan of jerks who push the lemonade. Or nits who would follow those types.

Good luck to those that do.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

Sometimes, I just wish there was a inhabitable planet that is would be easy to go to, leaving the Global Warming deniers, terrorists, etc behind and just let them cointinue with their business.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:24 AM
We have an Accord!

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Sometimes, I just wish there was a inhabitable planet that is would be easy to go to, leaving the Global Warming deniers, terrorists, etc behind and just let them cointinue with their business.
You sound like chicken little running around yelling "the sky is falling, the sky is falling".

Mother earth can take care of her self, she has warmed and cooled many times in her life time so far and I expect she will do so long after you and I are gone.

I laugh at you because in the 1970's you were the same group that was yelling we are slipping into another Ice Age!, funny thing is it did not happen and I suspect you are just as wrong this time, the only difference is it was impossible for you to keep up the ice age baloney as it was clearly not happening.

It is far easier for you to run around yakking that the world is going to burn up!, as you don't have to explain why there is no snow in Florida under this new bunch of junk science.

Should we make cars as clean as we can? sure, but this global warming is just another wacko fad.

The funny part is every time Al Gore is going to give a speech about this terrible global warming he gets caught in a blizzard. LOL!

Another thing most of the icebergs and shelfs that you are all yakking about that are going to drown the world are already in the water.

What does that mean? It means that they will not raise the water levels one single bit as they melt.

You jest at my claim?

Easy place a bowl of water with ice cubes filled just shy of the top and leave it sit out in the warm room, come back after all the ice has melted, what will you find? a big mess all over from the ice melting and over flowing? Nope, you will find the same level as you left it because the melting ice only replaced the solid cubes resulting in no rise in the water level.

I expect most of these island problems are more to do with beach erosion then anything else and beach erosion has nothing to do with this phony global warming.

One last thing, the more models they Creight on global warming the more it disproves the likes of Al Gore, the models just don't agree when you start running multiple models, they actually show things are really not bad at all.

Single models are not very good and the best weather predictors are when multiple models are run, this is where the global warming claims fall apart. They look good on a single model that we know is not going to be accurate, but when multiple models are run all of the sudden things are not as bleak as Al Gore wants you to believe.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye TCH and good luck to you all

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands