Body Colored mud guards and poor city mileage

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Body Colored mud guards and poor city mileage

Originally Posted by lem144
I saw that southern state cars get an option for body colored mud guards. I want to put mudguards on my Camry but wanted to find out if anyone has the bodycolor ones and if they could post a picture of them or send me a picture.

I bought my TCH last Sunday and mudguards are important here in Mass.

Also, I am struggling to get good mileage in the city. On the highway I can average over 38mpg, but running around town (and driving really lightly), I've been hard pressed to get over 28mpg. What gives?

I am at 400 miles on the odo.
Here's a picture of Barcelona Red mudguards. I have no idea whether or not they significantly affect mileage. In my experience, a cold engine or speeds over 65 mph have the most detrimental affect on mileage. When driving conservatively, I often exceed 38 mpg around town.