MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

It seems that Mercury only sells plain "flat" mud flaps (splash guards) for the Mariner. However, in addition to the "flat" mud flaps, Ford also sells "molded" mud flaps for the Escape. I really would rather have the "molded" style because they look more custom, and integrate into the flow of the body contours nicer.

Does anyone know if the "molded" mud flaps for the Escape will fit the Mariner???

Old 08-31-2006, 02:48 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Actually I am wondering what the difference is between the molded and flat version? Just aesthetics?

I am thinking about picking up the splash guards, typically is the front or back more important? will the car look uncool with "only" the front or back?

Last edited by greenhybrider; 08-31-2006 at 04:48 AM. Reason: words
Old 08-31-2006, 04:25 AM

Well, for me, having mud flaps is a must. A long, long, time ago. Back when I got my very first new car. It was winter time. After driving my new car for only about a month, I noticed that the tires were picking up the sand on the roads, and with it, "sand blasted" the paint off of my brand new rocker panels. Never again. So, ever since, the first day I get a new car, on go the mud flaps.

Personally, I like the molded ones over the flat ones. The flat ones look, and are, generic. The molded ones custom fit the contours of the fenders and look more like they belong there.

What I have found one, kind of answering my own original question, is that the MM and MMH, even with the Premium Pkg, don't have the soft trim around the wheel openings (sometimes called "fender flares") like the higher end FE and FEH with their Premium Pkg do. In other words, the MM and MMH are always equal to the base FE and base FEH in this regard. So, molded mud flaps designed for the base FE and base FEH fit the MM and MMH.

The one problem is, that they molded mud flaps say either "Ford" or "Escape" on them. Not too cool for a Mercury Mariner. However, I have since found that Husky makes a set of molded mud flaps for the FE and FEH, but without any logos. You just need to order the ones for the base FE, without the "wheel lip molding or fender flares".

Old 08-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I installed the molded mud flaps on my "base" 06 FEH...all four locations. The instructions that came with these OEM flaps were comprehesive and very helpful. I had no problems, if I remember correctly: the Ford flaps are pre-drilled and you fit them up to the truck and drill one hole for a new fastener at each of the four locations. All of the other fasteners are part of the wheel well already. You then remove all the fasteners and replace them in the same holes after inserting the new flap. After I was done, I stepped back to look at rear flaps and they seemed to be tilted at a slight angle....they were but it must be by design because the holes are pre-drilled (there is only one way they can go on). Anyway, having had all kinds of mud flaps on other cars, these molded ones look like they belong.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know how stupid I am, I checked and found out my FEH 06 already came installed with the "molded" splash guards. I agree the molded ones look really good.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
You just need to order the ones for the base FE, without the "wheel lip molding or fender flares".

Would you by any chance have a link to the correct ones??

~John

Old 09-01-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by jmorton10
Would you by any chance have a link to the correct ones??
Not directly. Try the Husky website, or just search the 'net.

What you need are, #56551 for the front and #57561 for the rear.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2007 FEH FWD with the Appearance Package. Does that mean I will have to buy the flaps "with fender flares"?

Old 09-27-2006, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by camedian
I have a 2007 FEH FWD with the Appearance Package. Does that mean I will have to buy the flaps "with fender flares"?
Do you have the fender flares that go around your wheel openings?

Old 09-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Do you have the fender flares that go around your wheel openings?
The trim around the wheel is a separate piece. I guess that's what you call the "fender flare."

Quick Reply: MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands