MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

I needed someone to dummy it down for me. I'll be getting the Husky one's. Thanks WaltPA...

Out of curiousity, are they as difficult to install as people have talked about, or are they over exagerated.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdp72
Out of curiousity, are they as difficult to install as people have talked about, or are they over exagerated.
To drill the holes for the mounting screws, I always remove the tires. This is true of all my vehicles, and is not just a MMH thing. Otherwise, the tires get into the way of the electric drill I use.

Removing all four tires (one at a time) isn't difficult, just a pain.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Feral Engineer

I just installed the Ford molded set on my 07 FEH. It was necessary to remove the rear tires for drill motor access (I don't have a neat 90 degree drill), but I did the front set just by turning the wheels all the way right and left. I was concerned that I would be drilling metal and creating a rust start point, but it turns out that only plastic is drilled. The instructions are crude pictures, so I'll add that they are a tight custom fit and should be finessed into the right position before the push pin holes are drilled, so they look straight when you are done.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
They do, but you need the rear ones which are not for fender flares (read the details on that webpage).

Of course, they will say "Ford" and not "Mercury" on them. That bothered me, and that's why I went with the Husky ones which have no name on them.
I've installed these molded ones on my FEH, and I wanted to offer a correction. The -BA ("universal fit") guards do not have a Ford logo on them. The rear only guards (-AA or -CA) do have a Ford logo. The universal/front ones may be an option for MMH owners. There are also some guards out there (for Escapes) that are different colors (besides black) as well, these may not have any logos.

Last edited by D-mac; 03-31-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: redundancy
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by D-mac
They do, but you need the rear ones which are not for fender flares (read the details on that webpage).

Of course, they will say "Ford" and not "Mercury" on them. That bothered me, and that's why I went with the Husky ones which have no name on them.
I've installed these molded onles on my FEH, and I wanted to make a correction. ...
The rear only guards (-AA or -CA) do have a Ford logo.
OK, I stand corrected.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:56 AM

It seems that Mercury only sells plain "flat" mud flaps (splash guards) for the Mariner.

Originally Posted by D-mac
I've installed these molded onles on my FEH, and I wanted to make a correction. ... There are also flat splash guards with the Mercury logo. There should be at least a few factory options out there for MMH owners.
I stand corrected again.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Let me know if anyone finds any molded splash guards for the '08 models. I liked to get a couple pair for my '08 MMH before it gets blasted too much, but I haven't been able to find any listed for the '08 yet except for the flat ones listed in the Ford/Mercury Accessories brochures.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 PM

Any comments on which mud flaps to get for a base trim FEH, the OEM or the Husky's ? I thinking in terms of ease of installation and appearance. It sounds like the OEM flaps are pre-drilled to use existing mounting holes/fasteners already in the wheel wells. Is that true? Appreciate any comments.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by econoline
Any comments on which mud flaps to get for a base trim FEH, the OEM or the Husky's ? I thinking in terms of ease of installation and appearance. It sounds like the OEM flaps are pre-drilled to use existing mounting holes/fasteners already in the wheel wells. Is that true? Appreciate any comments.
No... you have to make your own holes to mount the OEM ones too.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:23 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Yes, the OEM ones I put on my base FEH used some pre-existing holes and needed some new ones drilled - so the pre-existing holes kinda control where the flap aligns.

Quick Reply: MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands