bluetooth without nav?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default bluetooth without nav?

I am still waiting for my base jasper pearl (since this color is only available on the TCH, I predict excellent tradein/resale value for this color). Does the base model have bluetooth, or does it only come with nav? Thanks.
JoAnn
Overeager in MD

Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: bluetooth without nav?

Originally Posted by overeager
I am still waiting for my base jasper pearl (since this color is only available on the TCH, I predict excellent tradein/resale value for this color). Does the base model have bluetooth, or does it only come with nav? Thanks.
JoAnn
Overeager in MD
All of the TCH models include the Bluetooth functions (whether Nav or not).

Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The Bluetooth functions in the non-nav are a bit more limited, so far as bells and whistles. IIRC, the in-car voice dial phone book holds 20 entries vs 1000 in the nav TCH. I haven't been able to compare the two. I have the non-nav and I'm quite satisfied with its Bluetooth. And, I don't know 1000 people anyway....

Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by overeager
Does the base model have bluetooth, or does it only come with nav?
Yes the base model has the Bluetooth radio. Some folks in the forum have had trouble with their particular phone pairing up (certain makes of phone or certain cellular services don't seem to work). My Motorola from Cingular works great.

Old 09-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Question Re: bluetooth without nav?

So ever since I got my TCH on Aug 1, I've had no problem pairing my non-NAV JBL stereo to my Cingular 2125. I can use the TCH voice command to make calls, receive calls, etc. However, I had setup all my phone book entries via the Add Entry By Voice option.

So for the first time, I'm trying to beam a contact from my phone into the TCH phonebook. I can't make the connection! Once I "confirm" the TCH to add an entry by phone, I can see the Hands Free device listed on my cell phone. So I try to beam to that device, but the TCH never receives the transmission and I get a Failed message.

Anyone have similar experience with non-NAV JBL system, whether it's with a Cingular 2125 or other cell phone, and have suggestions on what to try? I double checked the TCH owners manual and my cell phone manual, and I seem to be doing everything correctly. My wife's cell phone is not Bluetooth capable, so I can't try transferring the data and using another phone.