How to use nav system without turning on radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 06:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default How to use nav system without turning on radio

OK, I give up. The only way I've found to turn on the nav system is to push the system **** which then turns on the radio. I then have to turn down the volume of the radio and then use the nav system. My question is how can you just turn on the nav system without having the radio on at the same time?

Old 12-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How to use nav system without turning on radio

No answer, but I have a follow up question - how to pause a CD while using the Nav? The mute button keeps on playing the CD but what if want to pick up where I left off?

Old 12-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CCRGMac
No answer, but I have a follow up question - how to pause a CD while using the Nav? The mute button keeps on playing the CD but what if want to pick up where I left off?
Hit the volume button and turn the system off. When you turn it back on it will pick up the CD at the point it was at when you turned it off. Counterintuitive but functional.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hit the volume button and turn the system off. When you turn it back on it will pick up the CD at the point it was at when you turned it off. Counterintuitive but functional.

Thanks, but I can't use the NAV like that. Example : - I listening to an audio book and using NAV to get to my destination. As I get near, I want to pause the book and focus on finding the exact address.

This is actually kind of academic because I got my iPod hook up for Christmas, but I can imagine others having the same problem - bg1811 for example.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:28 AM
FEH Tsaritsa

To "pause" a CD, I push the AM/FM button, then the mute button (with the picture of a phone handset) - it's kind of a clumsy work-around, but I don't need it that often, so I don't mind.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There's no real pause mode. I do what the PP (Debbie) does.