575 milers....how are you doing it? :-D

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Hybrid Heaven!
Default Re: 575 milers....how are you doing it? :-D

It's really not too difficult to get into the 600's. Just make sure you're averaging over 35mpg, and fill up all the way, not just the 1-click rule. Don't panic once your cruising range is 0, it is only indicating what was calculated by the system internally, and won't compensate for the extra fuel in your tank. You will notice once you hit 'E', your gas meter will dip below 'E' and then just above it. This will happen about 3 or 4 times before it really stays below 'E'. At that point, if your mpg's are good, you are utilizing your electric motor, and you don't have bad weather, 600 should have long passed you. Good luck, and please don't attempt this on a long drive.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:19 AM
old fart
Default Re: 575 milers....how are you doing it? :-D

Just remember this before you run low on fuel.The fuel pump is in the gas tank and needs gas to keep it cool.run to low on gas and burn up the pump and get it replaced from your check book.They dont do warranty on it cuz the computer will tell them you ran out of gas.
I drive my 09 like a car.I like all the features and the comfort.mpg comes second to me.With my 07 after hittin 8400 miles i held 44.4 on trips drivin mostly on highway 75 in ky.,ohio and mich. I drove speeds at 71 and a little over.this was summer driving.
I live in ky and drive an o9 I just turned 71.my mother lives in mich and drives an 07 camry hybrid and will turn 90 in sept.She just loves the car but dont know how to use anything in the car other than start and drive it.I have told her many times how to use the cd player but she is just to old to learn.She has told me,at least a million times that every time she gets in it she is so proud of her car.She has no idea what kind of mpg she gets but knows she dont fill the tank very often.