Disconnecting the hybrid system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Disconnecting the hybrid system?

Does anyone know if it is possible to disconnect the hybrid system of the Vue and have it run only on the gasoline engine and the 12v system? I'm having an intermittent non-charging issue that is related to the hybrid system of my 2008 Vue Green Line, and I think disconnecting the hybrid system would temporarily eliminate problems until I can get the issue diagnosed and fixed.

Old 11-21-2021, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Disconnecting the hybrid system?

Originally Posted by hbelkins
Does anyone know if it is possible to disconnect the hybrid system of the Vue and have it run only on the gasoline engine and the 12v system? I'm having an intermittent non-charging issue that is related to the hybrid system of my 2008 Vue Green Line, and I think disconnecting the hybrid system would temporarily eliminate problems until I can get the issue diagnosed and fixed.
I learned over the weekend that it is indeed possible to disconnect the system. However, I still cannot find out how to do it. Any ideas? Can I try just disconnecting the three 36-volt leads from the alternator, or should I unplug/unhook something in the battery compartment in the back hatch?

Old 05-08-2023, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Disconnecting the hybrid system?

Originally Posted by hbelkins
I learned over the weekend that it is indeed possible to disconnect the system. However, I still cannot find out how to do it. Any ideas? Can I try just disconnecting the three 36-volt leads from the alternator, or should I unplug/unhook something in the battery compartment in the back hatch?
Did you fix it? I have the same problem and was researching online. Is it possible the answer is just to turn it off with the switch? Picture below.