Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

This is why there is no god.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:01 AM
teh nuberz
Default This is why there is no god.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/13752757/de...=hart&psp=news

I just heard about this story of a family that was killed in Connecticut. It's horrible and I hope that those two are given slow painful deaths for what they did to that family.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: This is why there is no god.

I also remember some of our solders in Iraq who decided to rape and kill an Iraqi girl and her family. It happens, we condemn it, and move on.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The thing that bothers me more then the act itself is how people will forgive the killer and pray for them. Skip the court here and move to execution please.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:18 PM
teh nuberz

No court process should happen at all. These two need to be dragged through the street while people throw stuff at them, then they need to be killed slowly and painfully. How were two convicted felons able to buy guns so easily at walmart? Something needs to be done about that.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryanw
http://www.wfsb.com/news/13752757/de...=hart&psp=news

I just heard about this story of a family that was killed in Connecticut. It's horrible and I hope that those two are given slow painful deaths for what they did to that family.
Can you tell me how this tragidy supports your assertion that "this is why there is no god"?

Old 08-16-2007, 01:33 PM
teh nuberz

If god were really all powerful, all loving, and all caring he would not allow crap like this to happen. If he is our creator, why would something like this be allowed to happen? Do you have kids? Would you allow anything like this to happen to any of your children if you had any power to stop it from happening?

Old 08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Part Time Hybrids

Living in CT, this tradegy makes everyone look over their shoulder a bit more. And lock their doors.

A terrible event but it could have been prevented, the cheshire family could have kept a secured household which might have saved them. Even in suburbia your can still fall victem.

As for proving existance of not? what???

Humans are like computers and cars. Complicated internal machinery, biological or mechanical.

Cars and computers are made on mass assembly lines and should all be alike, but sometimes there are lemons. So it's safe to assume their can be "lemon" humans as well. People who are capable of terrible crimes are just defective people to put it simply.

If you look at it in the summarized christian view, God made angels, then made humans. He gave humans free will to choose how to live. Some angels objected and got tossed out of heaven. And so in that view the world goes on, humans having the "ultimate" luxury of freedom to choose how to live. Doesn't mean God doesn't love people, he just lets them choose. If people hurt other people then its their choice and they will suffer for it in this world or the next.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

These guys were not lemons. They knew what they were doing. If they were mentally ill that's one thing, these guys had a bad idea and a plan that went all wrong. Had they been mentally unstable, that's one thing, even if the crime is hideous (such as VT). This is an entirely different case, these are people who chose to commit these crimes for profit. Doesn't sound like a lemon, more like a bad apple.