Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Making God laugh

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Engineering first
Talking Making God laugh

When I was a small child, 5 years old, my relatives asked me what I wanted to be. I answered, "An engineer" not realizing the guy who drives the train is not the only kind of Engineer.

When I was in school, I loved to read but hated spelling and writing. No problem, I'm going into science and we'll be talking in equations, data and measurements. Then I went into engineering and realized I had to translate these into to 'English.'

When I was in college, a good week was when I didn't have to "small talk" to anyone for a week or more, just do my engineering. The quiet silence of the engineering books and magazines spoke to me in dreams of color and wonder. My favorite game was chess because there were only three things that needed to be said: "Check," "Checkmate," and "Surrender." This weekend I'm going to Washington DC to lobby Congress.

If you ever want to make God laugh, announce "I have a plan ..."

Bob Wilson