tinting windows in my 09 NAH

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default tinting windows in my 09 NAH

Hi All,

I just got my '09 NAH 2 wks ago and thinking about TINTING the Windows.

Can you guys provide some recommendations regarding window tintings. i.e. what film to use, how dark it should be (I want it to compliment the Dark Slate color of the car). I know each state has it's rules and regulations Re: window tinting, but would like to know what would look best on an NAH.

Thanks!!!
-Prime

Old 10-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: tinting windows in my 09 NAH

I went with Lumar 15% tint all the way around.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

15% always looks great but it is a bit of a challenge to back up in dark areas so if you need to do so any time, something less dark may be more appropriate. California doesnt allow driver and passenger tint but I usually get 50% for those windows anyhow to reduce UV exposure, 30% for back door windows and 15% in back, but some do not like the variable look.

What is more important is to find a good installer using good tint. Cheap tint jobs are somewhat of a pain as if it starts bubbling, you then need to get it professionally removed and new tint installed, better to get it done properly the first time.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast

I live in the SF / Bay Area. If you guys are from that location, can you recommend a "reputable" windows tinting shop? I don't mind paying the extra $$$ as long as they do a good job. You know the lesson... "You get what you paid for..."

Thanks for the responses!!

-Prime

Old 10-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Enthusiast

Hi YU888,

If u dont mind, can u post a pic? Would like to see what your window tints look like.

Thanks,
-prime

Old 10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

My Altima is not tinted yet;but i had a silver TL that I did that set up on and the only tint install company i recommend is California Sunscreen. Check them out on Yelp! as well but I have been using Sydney and Tom since they started i think on my 92 integra and 3 cars since. Always use premium lifetime warranty films and their work is impeccable. IF your tint ever has issues, they always back it up. Had one car that had a bubble show up after 2 years and they stripped the back window tint off and fully replaced it. I may have paid the labor on that but anyhow just remmeber they always back up their work. they are in San Leandro and have another office under a different name for dealers i think, in Fremont. Hope that helps. I will see if i have any old pics of my TL with that tint set up. Never got pulled over and it was quite a nice set up. Oh yeah, i think i was quoted 330 for 5 windows .

Old 10-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Enthusiast

I got 15% on the rear and rear-side windows, and 70% (the most I understand Calfornia allows) on the Driver and front passenger doors. It does make it a bit dark for backing at nighttime when there's no other light.

I'd read on-line that the metalic sputtered films caused interference with the keyless ignition, and the dealer I went with said the same. So I went with a ceramic hybrid Llumar film and have been very happy with it. I used Genesis Window Tinting in Rocklin, CA (I live in near Sacramento, but work in the SF Bay Area)).

One of my coworkers got metalic film tint on his NAH about the same time, and tells me his keyless doesn't work about 30% of the time now, so maybe there's some truth to the warning and it wasn't all upsell.