Tinting Windows in PA/NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Tinting Windows in PA/NJ

I am planning on tinting the windows on my 06 HCH II - trying to cut down on the heat gain during the summer.

Anyone have any recommendations in either Harleysville, PA or Hackettstown, NJ?

Thanks,

George

Old 04-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tinting Windows in PA/NJ

Sorry...can't help with the recommendation, but one quick word of caution - wherever you decide, make sure you quiz them on what's allowed by law in the state you are registered. They should know very well the max tinting allowed by law.

I know of less than honest shops in my area that will install whatever the driver wants, which the driver then gets to peel off at their own expense if they want it to pass PA inspection (happened to a friend of mine a few years back) - so caveat emptor.

I know PA only allows a very light amount of tint on the driver's window (and maybe on the passenger's side too) and virtually no tint on the windshield. One of the reasons I never tinted the windows on my Insight.