Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Seattle~new Insight owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Seattle~new Insight owner

My first week in a used 2001 CVT. Red! It's so cute...after driving a Toyota ECHO (which is now for sale, a great deal & a spiff non-hybrid~PM me if yr interested), this car is so, well, low slung. How have others adjusted to this new perspective?
I found it on Craigslist, after hunting off & on for a few years, and driving a couple of others. The prior owner took really good care of her car, and I got it with only 71K miles.
And it's soooo nice to have a car we cannot take the teens in with us!
I am interested in hearing from other Seattle Insights drivers...looking forward to learning how to maximize the fuel economy by understanding all the variables like driving style, terrain, weather, speed, etc. Any & all hints greatly welcomed, especially because Seattle is so hilly.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Seattle~new Insight owner

Wellcome. You came to the correct place to learn all about your Auto. You may want to check out cleanmpg web page as well. 71000, it's hardly broke in. You should get alot of yrs. out of her. Good luck Reb, H

Old 09-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks, dude! We're thinking of a T-Day/week drive to Mendo, CA...just to road test her!

Old 09-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Seattle~new Insight owner

Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by RebeccaG
My first week in a used 2001 CVT. Red! It's so cute...after driving a Toyota ECHO (which is now for sale, a great deal & a spiff non-hybrid~PM me if yr interested), this car is so, well, low slung. . . .

I am interested in hearing from other Seattle Insights drivers...looking forward to learning how to maximize the fuel economy by understanding all the variables like driving style, terrain, weather, speed, etc. Any & all hints greatly welcomed, especially because Seattle is so hilly.
You're in for a treat but I can relate to having both a 2001 Echo, bought new, and used, 2003 Prius. Did you get the manual transmission Insight or CVT?

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 09-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

I got the CVT. I cannot drive a manual anymore, sadly. I really like this beauty. Trying to fix on a name. How long have you had your 2001?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by RebeccaG
I got the CVT. I cannot drive a manual anymore, sadly. I really like this beauty. . . .
My wife hates manual transmissions so both the Echo we bought in 2001 and the Prius, bought in 2005, are automatics.

Bob Wilson