Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Another Seattle-area new Insight owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast

Hello,

Well per the welcome email, here's my introduction post. This is a great site design; I hope Jason does this for a living (if not, he should). :blink:

I've wanted a hybrid ever since Honda started advertising the Insight in late '98, for the low emissions and great mileage. I have a cousin serving in Iraq and the right car turned up, so I took the plunge.

I've had my certified pre-owned 2003 Insight CVT for nearly two weeks now. During that time, I've ordered goodies such as floor and cargo mats, iPod case, service manual. If I were paranoid I'd think this car was trying to kill me - - I had my CD player installed and the installers left the hood open, and the first time I drove at night, I forgot to turn on the lights (DRL hazard?) and a guy in a Miata pulled up and told me before I got on the highway.

But I _love_ the car so far, it's so much more fun to drive than the Celica it replaced!

Old 09-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Site Founder

Welcome, and thanks for the compliment. Actually, I'm in my senior year in high school! This is a sort of hobby and part-time job while I'm in the college application process. Hopefully I can continue for a while!

Be sure to add your mileage info into the database. We need more Insights!

Old 09-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Contributor ($)

jsanford,
Congratulations on your purchase.
How long before you think you'll need to fill up? I look forward to seeing another Insight added to the database.
I had a brother in Iraq for a year. He's back now. I hope your cousin comes back, too.
Sounds like you've added plenty of goodies.
Enjoy!