Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New 08 FEH AWD owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile New 08 FEH AWD owner

It's really my wife's car, but she is on-board with FE and driving techniques too. Been reading this forum extensively, and already feel like I know many of the folks by their comments, level of expertise, etc. I'm a technical type of guy, a Ford man to the bone, and use the SGII. Would have preferred the FWD version, but the only one within abt 75miles, and the tax credit won't last forever. I've been interested in FE on non-hybrid cars for a L-O-N-G time, and utilize hybrid techniques in my Ford Ranger PU - feather touch, P&G, key-off at long traffice lights, all work well on ALL cars. I HATE AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS!!

Old 11-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: New 08 FEH AWD owner

Sweet!!! Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by KenE
It's really my wife's car, but she is on-board with FE and driving techniques too. Been reading this forum extensively, and already feel like I know many of the folks by their comments, level of expertise, etc. I'm a technical type of guy, a Ford man to the bone, and use the SGII. Would have preferred the FWD version, but the only one within abt 75miles, and the tax credit won't last forever. I've been interested in FE on non-hybrid cars for a L-O-N-G time, and utilize hybrid techniques in my Ford Ranger PU - feather touch, P&G, key-off at long traffice lights, all work well on ALL cars. I HATE AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS!!
You're in for a treat especially since Ford tweaked the 2008. There is a fine FEH FAQ and soon someone will point you there.

BTW, don't worry about recording the 'dealer tank.' But after this one, you might consider recording your mileage. Many of us learned our skills by seeing what happens when we do this or that in handling our cars.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New 08 FEH AWD owner

Thanks Bob. I have read many of your posts in the past few weeks. Had the car abt 1 month, and just turned 1K miles today. I've naturally tracked every gallon of gas, and with wife doing 90% of the driving (mixed), getting approx. 31.8mpg. I would have preferred a Prius, but she likes the SUV style after driving a 96' Ford Explorer for many years. The 08' FEH is a fine vehicle, and so far very pleased. I'm REALLY interested in ScangaugeII utilization to hopefully determine exactly when EV mode is available via CAT, FWT & SoC, and other factors that inhibit/enable EV mode. Low Gear Advantage (LGA) not as effective as I've read in other posts, but EV mode is coming easier as the miles slowly accumulate. LGA does provide a tremendous Regenerative boost to HV battery!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to GH!

Please, feel free to look around, ask questions, and make use of our forums. It looks like you've made some excellent headway into learning more about your families new FEH!

Welcome to the club, and remember, enjoy your new hybrid!

Old 11-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Enthusiast

KenE,

Where do you live that you were able to find an FEH within 75 miles?

Old 11-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hockey3

I live in Louisville, KY. I was just lucky. Byerly Ford had one advertised in the newspaper, for peats sake. Wife and I headed there, with plans to go to Toyota dealer to test drive a TCH if the car was gone, as we expected. But low and behold the advertised car was actually there. There was another one advertised down by Ft. Knox, KY in a town called Elizabethtown. But they are hard to find for sure.