Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Just joined - wanted to say "Hi".

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Just joined - wanted to say "Hi".

I've owned my 2001 Insight since new - and 129k miles later, it's time to move on. As my family has grown, a 2-seater is just becoming too impractical, even though my wife drives an '06 Pilot (btw...when is there going to be a Pilot Hybrid!).
I ordered an '06 HCH w/Navi - the whole story is in the "Who's waiting" thread.
Great site - lurked for a while, looking forward to contributing and learning more about the next-gen hybrids!

Jim

Old 12-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just joined - wanted to say "Hi".

welcome to the site. Dean

Old 12-24-2005, 09:52 AM

Welcome. I can't wait to hear how you like the 06.

Old 12-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Contributor ($)

Welcome to GreenHybrid! Don't forget to to post those tankfuls! Thanks!

Old 12-29-2005, 08:50 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

About time you came here Jim! I really wish I could of taken your Insight off your hands. I was begging my father to get it for himself since he enjoys mine so much. He even killed off 8 MPG of my tank just today!

Keep a log of your fillups in the database.

Again, welcome! AL

Old 12-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Al - nice to see so many familiar names over here!

I had quite a few questions when it was on eBay, and even gave a test-drive to a nice couple, but everyone seemed SO scared to buy a car with over 100,000 miles on it - no matter how well maintained. Even when I listed it at ~ $1500 under blue-book value.
Pretty much every person wanted to know about the battery pack. I guess it's hard to convince someone that you've had ZERO problems with your battery when it's officially out of warranty from the dealer.

The first dealership (the one that messed up and ordered the wrong color - then didn't even offer to fix it) offered me $4000 on a trade-in.
I drove down the street to the Honda dealer where I get the Insight serviced, and they gave me $7,000.

I would have been happy to sell it for $7,500 privately (with the Wayland audio system). Instead, I'm trading it in and selling the audio system and custom footrest separately.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:05 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

I know you were meticulous about maintaining it. That's why I wouldn't of had a problem recommending it to my father. Only problem is last year while we were in Carlisle we bought a truck so my father's limit has been met. My mother won't let him spend my inheritence.

I was watching your auction and was really surprised no one bit. If you would of had it here in Florida you probably could of sold it ten times over for that price.

Enjoy the HCH and there's plenty of info on it here as it's the shiny new penny this week. I'm crossing my fingers someone will sideswipe mine so I can get a new HCH. That'll be the only way the wife will let me get one. Mine still looks like it's got about 6,000 miles on it though I've almost crossed the 40,000 mile mark.

AL

Originally Posted by JimHolmgren
Thanks Al - nice to see so many familiar names over here!

I had quite a few questions when it was on eBay, and even gave a test-drive to a nice couple, but everyone seemed SO scared to buy a car with over 100,000 miles on it - no matter how well maintained. Even when I listed it at ~ $1500 under blue-book value.
Pretty much every person wanted to know about the battery pack. I guess it's hard to convince someone that you've had ZERO problems with your battery when it's officially out of warranty from the dealer.

The first dealership (the one that messed up and ordered the wrong color - then didn't even offer to fix it) offered me $4000 on a trade-in.
I drove down the street to the Honda dealer where I get the Insight serviced, and they gave me $7,000.

I would have been happy to sell it for $7,500 privately (with the Wayland audio system). Instead, I'm trading it in and selling the audio system and custom footrest separately.