Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Just joined today (Via Slashdot)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Enthusiast
Post Just joined today (Via Slashdot)

This site was posted today in slashdot, so you will probably get a bunch of traffic from new people.

The first Hybrid I worked on was in 1969, for the "National Clean Air Car Races", from, IIRC, MIT to Cal Tech. The school I went to had 5 entries, and I worked on two of them, one being an "Electric Hybrid" of the era.

Old 05-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Just joined today (Via Slashdot)

Welcome to GreenHybrid. Trust me, we're seeing the "/." effect. Normally this site is blazing fast, but last night the site crashed and now everything is relatively slow. I've gotten about 3,000 database errors emailed to me so far, and people are having trouble accessing databased features.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Super7:

___Welcome indeed!

___Your “insight” (no pun intended ) may be helpful as we do try and deduce the actions of the SW algorithms in differing phases of the driving envelope all the time. In the InsightCentral.net forums, some have hacked the ECU’s and BCM’s to change the way IMA based (Honda’s hybrid tech) assist and regen work for supposed higher FE although in reality, most are what I would deem practical experiments with little in the way of results given the average FE they have received after the hacks. There are also those pushing the Prius II into PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) territory with additional banks of batteries interfaced with the Prius II’s current setup. They too might be able to use your skills although the fringe modifications to the Prius II are usually discussed in the Prius II respective forums over at Priusonline.com or in the YaHoo - Prius2G forums as an example.

___In any case, welcome to GreenHybrid and I hope you find some tips and tricks that you can use in your own daily travels to improve upon your own FE no matter what you drive …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 05-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Contributor ($)

Welcome to GreenHybrid! I also look forward to your "insight".