Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello All

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast
Wink Hello All

I purchased my 2004 Toyota Prius last December. It's great. We love it. I believe we are getting about the average mileage that most people do. I have seen some of the posts here and I am impressed with some of the high numbers that some people are getting. That would be great! I am wondering how do they get those high numbers mostly. The only thing that I could complain about with this car is that the original tires didn't last very long less than a year actually. Now I have Goodyear Tripple-Treads on the car. They are great and provide a noticeable difference in perfromance. That's about it. I am looking forward to hearing how others are getting such high mileage numbers. I am also wondering if there is any work going on with replacement batteries for the high-voltage system - like silver-lithium instead of NiMH for example.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Default Re: Hello All

Most people that get high numbers have pretty optimal drives. A lot have night jobs or have driving outside of rush hour. Most everyone inflates there tires over stock. They are generaly very experienced and treat driving as a man vs. environment competition.

My numbers aren't near theres, but I pulled my tanks from 34mpg average to about 53mpg average by trying various routes and getting to know them very well to the point that I can generaly guess which lights will be red and which green before I can even see them.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:42 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Hello All

Hi Chuck; Glad to have you on board and It sounds like other than tires you are really enjoying your Prius.

My sister-In-Law just purchased a Prius about 3-months ago and she and her family are really enjoying it.

Regards

Terry

Old 10-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Hello All

cdtaylor51,
Welcome to GH! Tom gave some good mileage ideas. Be sure to read the articles in the Learn section.
You tire choice will decrease the mileage slightly as well.