Hello all , first post ! Love my new hch !

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Hello all , first post ! Love my new hch !

Hello all , would just like to introduce myself , and would like to tell all here that honda has a good thing going with the new HCH . Just picked mine up about 2 weeks ago after selling my 97 Corvette , which while it could get 22-23mpg highway , I always have been seduced by hybrids . I am getting now with my new 06 HCH 45-50mpg daily to and from work ... and am loving it . The car handles very well , and is fast enough to get itself out of it's own way . So , I love this car . Getting married in july , so I think this was a great buy..

Anyhow , after owning many globs of ''GM'' quality , I decided to take the plunge on a new honda . I work as a service consultant for a huge very well respected ''GM'' dealership here in TN , and all I see is the same stuff over and over..cheaply made plastic , electrical gremlins , etc . And from people that own honda's , all I hear is my honda never did that or this , or I love my honda , you know...that kinda of talk . So , with that said , glad I joined this site..lots of info in topics etc . But I do have some questions..

1. I know that the head unit in the 06 hch is xm rdy , if I want to go ahead and get xm , what is the next step , and how much cost is related..?

2. My salesman told me the head unit was a 6 disc changer inside itself , found out it's not..lol , is the 8 Honda disc changer nice..? How much was it to get that installed if you have the unit..?

Sorry I have no IMA questions or how to drive questions..hehehe , got all that down pat , was going to buy a prius , cuz I could have gotten an employee discount , we have toyota as well at where im at , but I love my new 06 hch .

I have a 2006 hch in galaxy grey w/out navi , but it has splash guards and pinstriping..

Last edited by MadMax; 01-28-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
YA RLY.
Default Re: Hello all , first post ! Love my new hch !

Corvette to HCH? That's quite a change. First off, welcome to the forums and enjoy your new car.

1) adding XM looks like around $900 or so, half of that being installation. There's a thread about it somewhere in here (I'm too lazy to search ).

2) I don't know what a CD changer install costs, but before you pull the trigger, check to see if it might be cheaper if you purchased an MP3 player like an iPod and used the Aux port that's near the power port/lighter. It's a shame you don't have Nav because then you could use memory cards like compact flash. I have about 7 or 8 albums on CF cards that I always keep in my car.

Last edited by Sledge; 01-28-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Welcome!

I did exactly the same thing, sorta. I was going to trade in my 2000 Vette for a Hybrid but ended up keeping both! I really can't afford to keep both forever so one of them will hafta go someday. I'll miss the Vette.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Enthusiast

Yeh the mp3 player idea is a really good , Im gonna check on that , did not even think of that . Yeh I had an 06 hch in silver with nav on order , but it would have gotten here in another month so , thx for the tip sledge..

Old 01-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The MP3/iPod is the way to go. I have my iPod connected through the AUX port and it works perfectly. I listen to books but I am sure music would be just as good. Don't get seduced by the iPod Music Link. It sucks.

I wonder if I got the Nav you ordered.

Welcome aboard.

Originally Posted by MadMax
Yeh the mp3 player idea is a really good , Im gonna check on that , did not even think of that . Yeh I had an 06 hch in silver with nav on order , but it would have gotten here in another month so , thx for the tip sledge..

Old 01-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

Welcome to GreenHybrid!

Think you will like the forum as much as your HCH!

Old 01-29-2006, 12:35 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

Michael (MadMax), Welcome to the group? I hope you enjoy your new ride. What area of the coumtry are you from? Check out the data base and enter your mileage when you get through the first tank.
Regards,
Don

Old 01-29-2006, 04:59 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome Donald , Im from the nashville , TN area , I'll be sure to enter in my tank info . Got another question for those that can answer this..
How does the power rating work out to be 110hp , is that total..? How much hp does the gas motor put out by itself..?

Old 01-29-2006, 05:01 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by MadMax
For the price difference between the XM kit and the Ipod kit, you could go out and buy a 60gig Ipod Video and still have money left over for a nice lunch.

I ran out and bought the ipod FIRST and then switched cars from the Civic to the Accord hybrid that doesn't have that same ipod kit option.

I'm glad I bught the ipod first. It's as cool as the car.

Old 01-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
For the price difference between the XM kit and the Ipod kit, you could go out and buy a 60gig Ipod Video and still have money left over for a nice lunch.

I ran out and bought the ipod FIRST and then switched cars from the Civic to the Accord hybrid that doesn't have that same ipod kit option.

I'm glad I bught the ipod first. It's as cool as the car.
How much is the Ipod kit nimbus..? Im assuming I have to have the kit for the ipod to work..? And how is the quality through the aux jack with it..?
Thx..

Quick Reply: Hello all , first post ! Love my new hch !

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands