Honda Motor Company/Acura Honda hybrids

Car won't shift into park

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast
Question Car won't shift into park

I had an issue with my 2005 HCH that I couldn't work on right away, consequently it sat untouched for about a month. When I was able to get to it, I started it but the shift lever was very hard to move. I assumed after daily driving and sitting a month, it got stiff and the brakes were a bit stuck at first as well. After getting it home from where it had been parked at my job, it wouldn't shift into park and thus my key is stuck in the ignition. Now I have to use the shift lock to release the shift anywhere. I can still start the car in neutral, but it's not the safest not to be able to use park. I am very mechanically inclined, but I lack the knowledge to begin to figure out how to resolve this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Car won't shift into park

Hard to describe here. I'm sure theres a youtube about it, be sure to have engine model and size and say floor shift for info. Adjustment usually at trans end of cable so you dont Nox Vidmate VLC have to pull console.