Rear speaker grilles from Honda available?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Rear speaker grilles from Honda available?

Hi,

Does anyone know if one can purchase the speaker grilles for the rear deck behind the seats? I see a part 08A54-S3Y-100 for the rear speaker kit, but I only need the grilles. Please let me know if they can be ordered separately and a part number.

Also, has anyone tried installing sub bass speakers back there just to fill in the low end? If so, which do you recommend? Can the holes be enlarged so they can accomodate an 8" sub? The problem I have is the car I purchased already has installed a pair of not so good pioneer 6.5" full range speakers. I would like to replace them but I don't think I really want full range speakers back there. I also want the stock look of the Honda seagull gray colored speaker grilles for the rear.

Thank you.

--Ron

Old 01-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rear speaker grilles from Honda available?

the 6.5" cutouts are very shallow, at least on the passenger's side. there is a cooling duct for the battery system back there. i put a 6.5" sub in the driver's side hole, and one above that on the rear deck. i also managed to put in an 8" sub in the right rear corner. sounds great! and no, dont bother with full-range speakers in the rear locations.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharpie
Does anyone know if one can purchase the speaker grilles for the rear deck behind the seats?
I don't know the details on the audio system stuff, as I haven't upgraded mine yet. However I have made two large orders of parts for my Insight from HondaPartsDeals.com with great success.

This is actually a Honda dealer in Rhode Island, and for whatever reason they have a phenominal pricing for dealer parts. My local dealer here in Washington state charges significantly above the "list" price that this site quotes (and then discounts).

I think I see your part as being called "LID, SPEAKER HOLE" under the "Electrical/Exhaust/Heater/Fuel" system, and "Antenna/Speaker" component.

The "lid" reference sounds weird, but clicking for enlarged view of the image shows the door speaker grille clearly appearing as a grille, and it is also referenced as a "lid". The back speaker cover only appears from behind in the image, but it's only $2.32 each at this site, so why not order a pair and see if its the right thing?

-Shawn

Old 10-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Enthusiast

Also, Majestic Honda has a great website. They list most of their parts online at a huge discount. It's usually much cheaper for me to order from Majestic online and have it shipped than driving a few blocks to my local dealership.