XM option cost

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: XM option cost

Originally Posted by JimHolmgren
Hmmm...heated outside mirrors intrigue me.

My HCH has to sit outside the garage, since my Triumph occupies the comfy spot (it's a LOT more prone to rust) - so heated mirrors would be pretty sweet at 5:30 a.m. when I leave for work.

Might be something worth looking into - I wonder if they are 'user' installable?
Jim;
I don't really think so. It is really involved to take the doors apart or the inside panels and then you have to run the New Proper Wiring Harness to the Honda Switch inside the car and to the Mirrors. I had an out side party do the complete job for me and ended up leaving the cat with him for a few days. It is alot of work if you want it all to be just like it came from Honda.

HTH;

Terry

BTW; It was nice though when done if money is of no-concern.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM option cost

I am quite confused. I had an XM receiver, new head unti (so I could play MP3 CD's), four new speakers, and a Harman Kardon Drive and Play installed at Circuit City. The head unit was XM ready. The receiver is a standard part that cost about $120. Total installation cost for all of the abive mentioned was $140. Installing the XM receiver alone would have been $75.

Circuit City did an excellent install job. No loose wire, rattles, engine noise, etc. You cannot see any signs that it was not a factory install.

Clay