XM option cost

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default XM option cost

I checked the Honda website and the materials cost for the XM option is around $440 or so (not counting install). The dealer I asked quoted me $950 though! I can't phathom that the install costs $500...

Anyone else out there get the XM option and can relate how much it cost?

Thanks
Brad

Old 01-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM option cost

I can believe it.... The directions show them tearing half the car apart to put that in. They should have at least pre-wired it, and then it realy would have been XM-Ready. For about 50 bucks, you can do it yourself with a Roadie 2.

Hope this helps,

Don

Old 01-07-2006, 12:14 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: XM option cost

Originally Posted by bfranci
I checked the Honda website and the materials cost for the XM option is around $440 or so (not counting install). The dealer I asked quoted me $950 though! I can't phathom that the install costs $500...

Anyone else out there get the XM option and can relate how much it cost?

Thanks
Brad
Hi Brad;

Just looked up this Honda Install for X/M sat. radio for you:

This will let you see the reason for the high labor cost, it's real involved.

http://www.handaaccessories.com/civi...ichybridxm.pdf

HTH;

Terry

BTW: I did order it and I am paying for the install at the Honda Dealer. The reason is I want it to be covered by the Honda New Factory Warranty. If the Dealer does the Install at the time you purchase your HCH ll then you have the X/M Sat. Radio covered by Honda.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-07-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dshelman
For about 50 bucks, you can do it yourself with a Roadie 2.

For anyone else considering XM but doesn't want to fork out the money for a $900 factory install: The Roady2 is $29 right now. No installation. We have it in our Escape. Attached the unit right below the radio. Plugged power supply into the switched cigarette lighter so it turns on and off with the truck. And, before I ran the antenna under the trim and out the back window, the XM worked just fine with the antenna sitting in the middle of the dash board. It was just secured with a zip tie to the defroster vent.

The best part? If you decide to switch vehicles later (trading in, selling, or just using a different car for a road trip) the XM can be moved to the other vehicle in a matter of minutes!

And, if you park the vehicle close enough to your home stereo, you can pipe in XM music to your house! Or, office.

Last edited by bar10dah; 01-07-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:52 PM

This "XM Ready" is really a big joke. At first I was excited and was going to have it installed ... not for $1K though and then $13 a month. They are kidding themselves.

Old 01-07-2006, 11:27 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

My dealer is quoting $750 for install. I bought the Roady XT from Best Buy. Had a 10% off coupon, plus a $30 rebate, so it only cost me $42. Since the HCH didn't come in on 1/02 as planned, I stuck it in the Sub for now. Took about 15 minutes to install (used the vent mount). If I can convince my dealer to give me the XM in the HCH for messing up the order, I'll keep it in the Sub, otherwise it will move to the HCH when it arrive.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:37 AM
Enthusiast

My HCH II came preinstalled with XM Radio - I guess the person who originally ordered the car didn't take it - but the dealer didn't charge me extra for it !! I also got 3 months free access. !!

Old 01-08-2006, 10:44 AM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: XM option cost

Originally Posted by springkitten
My HCH II came preinstalled with XM Radio - I guess the person who originally ordered the car didn't take it - but the dealer didn't charge me extra for it !! I also got 3 months free access. !!
Hello Michelle (Kitten) ;

Boy did you come out smelling like a rose on that. So, you got the x/m sat. option installed on your car and at (No-Cost) to you period. That is like so very CooL. It runs with Labor somewhere around the $800.00-900.00 range installed. They (Dealer) has to remove half the car to do the install.

Say how does the antenna look up on the windshield? Is it mounted at the top, right hand corner of the wind shield? Did they put a piece of Tape on the outside of the windshield to cover the position of the inside antenna mount? Please, more info on how it looks, The Antennae:

I have it ordered on mine and I am concerned about how they do the antenna mount.

Thanks;

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-08-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:15 PM

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Don, is THIS what you are talking about?
http://www.xmradio.com/roady2/index.jsp
They spell it Roady2, is this the same thing?

Also the XT:
http://www.xmradio.com/roadyxt/

Originally Posted by dshelman
I can believe it.... The directions show them tearing half the car apart to put that in. They should have at least pre-wired it, and then it realy would have been XM-Ready. For about 50 bucks, you can do it yourself with a Roadie 2.

Hope this helps,

Don

Last edited by kenny; 01-08-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply: XM option cost

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands