Anyone notice HCH I's flooding dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Anyone notice HCH I's flooding dealers?

Just stopped by my dealer and noticed 2 '03 HCH's on the used lot (OSBM and Dirt color). Last week they had a different '03 (Dirt Color). Seems like the mileage on all of them have been hanging right at 42,000 and the price on all of them have been $17,997. The newest dirt color one has leather which I think is more comfortable but goes against what many (early) hybrid owners believe in.

I'm just surprised this many HCH I's are showing up at the dealer but I did see a new (dealer plate) HCH II pass me last night. He/She was driving like a bat out of a very hot place at about 60 in a 55. My wife got "the lecture" as the person passed. I was doing a cool 51 as traffic was very very light. I guess a lot of the '03 owners are trading in their cars for '06's.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone notice HCH I's flooding dealers?

We were at a dealer last week and noticed the same thing. There were two or three on the lot and I thought the prices they were asking (as with the '06s) were pertty high.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:18 AM

I suspect if you seen them on a honda lot that that person probably traded up to the 06.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:43 AM
World's First Hybrid

I looked up the Kelly Blue Book trade-in value for a 2005-HCH CVT in excellent condx with 10K miles and it was over $19K. Retail must be almost same as when new.... I have a feeling that the newer hybrids will have very strong resale value even after a couple of years. Considering I only paid about 19K new, that's not a bad depreciation for a 1yr old vehicle.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Anyone notice HCH I's flooding dealers?

Al;

I think as the word gets out more and more people are going to trade in their older hch l's as you and others here have already witnessed.

There is alot of difference between the hch l and the hch ll as far as size, quiteness, modern options available.

Like all things go, the hch l is and was a very good product, but the hch ll is just a more modern up to date Hybrid for the masses and what alot of people expect these days to be available on a new vehicle.

The good thing is, a person that cannot afford to purchase a new hch ll can maybe/probably get with some negotiating a very good price on a hch l and still have a Hybrid and a very good vehicle with Great-Mileage.

Terry

Old 01-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Myself I plan on keeping my HCHI 04 for quite awhile. It's pretty much paid for (a few months left) so really why would I want to have another car note. I really don't care if it's only a couple of grand it's still a note! JMHO. kevin

Old 01-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Saw a '05 HCH at my dealer's lot Friday (same color as mine). They were asking ~$18K for it. My hunch is that some folks are trading up to the '06 for tax purposes. Get the '05 deduction and the '06 credit, provided you trade up after 1/1.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:33 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I really want to trade up but I think I'll run mine into the ground first. Very soon I'll be starting my commute that will put an additional 22,000 miles on my car per year.

Haven't checked lately what new 03-05's they've got in. Since I've seen 2 '06's around here, there have to be more around that I don't know about yet.

The salemen are normally great about updating me of any more recent hybrid sales anytime I come in.