is it worth the extent warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:45 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: is it worth the extent warranty

Originally Posted by comebackkit
what do you think about the extent warranty, it is 7years/80000miles, is it worth to have the extent warranty for a civic hybrid?
Hi; Without alot of lengthy words. YES

Read this (Thread) and get the Facts & Figures and Decide for Yourself.

OWN or BUYING a 2006 HCH: (You-Must-Read-This) 12/22/2005

HTH;

Terry

BTW; I-DID Purchase It, Better Safe Than Sorry:

Old 12-23-2005, 05:12 AM
Enthusiastically Active
Default Re: is it worth the extent warranty

Originally Posted by ralph_dog
Hi Lars-ss,
I totally agree. It's like putting aside money in a health care flexible spending account. Let's face it, anything mechanical will eventually break down no matter how good the quality in mfg is and you should set aside money if you plan on fixing whatever breaks. If I allocate $1,000 for a warranty, then I have peace of mind knowing that the money is there if I need a major repair. That's all insurance is anyway, transferring the risk.
Its not like a health care spending account at all, because if you don't need it, it is gone. Why not put the $1000 in an interest bearing account instead, so if it is not needed for the auto, then it is still your money? Sure, occassionally things do go wrong with cars that cost several thousand dollars, but I've never heard of it on a Honda.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My Honda warranty is "pro-rate" refundable if not used. That's the return. I will most likely trade the car next year for a 2007 HCH, and at about 40K miles, so I will get 60% of the cost of the warranty refunded to me if I don't have to use it at all before the trade-up.

And I got it combined into my loan, which is completely different than having $1000 cash lying around to pay for it.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by lars-ss
My Honda warranty is "pro-rate" refundable if not used. That's the return. I will most likely trade the car next year for a 2007 HCH, and at about 40K miles, so I will get 60% of the cost of the warranty refunded to me if I don't have to use it at all before the trade-up.

And I got it combined into my loan, which is completely different than having $1000 cash lying around to pay for it.
How long is your basic warranty good for? Your extended warranty probably hasn't gone into effect yet, so next year you'll be getting 60% back and the 40% paid for nothing.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ElanC
How long is your basic warranty good for? Your extended warranty probably hasn't gone into effect yet, so next year you'll be getting 60% back and the 40% paid for nothing.
Well, when you buy a car, you never really KNOW how long you are going to keep it. Many things can happen to me between this and next year, and who knows FOR SURE I will be trading? Maybe personal situations change. Maybe I lose a job and have to take a lower paying job and will be forced to keep this car for 100K miles - then I'm sitting pretty. It's called "preparing for worst case scenario" like any other "insurance policy."

Old 12-23-2005, 11:04 AM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: is it worth the extent warranty

what do you think about the extent warranty, it is 7years/80000miles, is it worth to have the extent warranty for a civic hybrid?
Hi comebackkit; I gave you a (Thread-Earlier) to check out and I hope it is of some Help.

However after reading some of the "Post" here replying to your question I have decided to give you some more (Matter-Of-Fact) information to Help/Assist you I hope in your decision on the Extended Warranty Question.

I work at a dealership and have seen all kinds of different situations come through the (Service-Department) after working there for (10-Yrs.) and I feel as though I should in this case share some of that with you. This will I think give you the necessary information to make a (Logical) Decision Based-On-Facts and not just an Opinion.

Here Goes: Customers Coming To Dealership, With "NO-Ext. Warranty"

Question-To-Customer ?????

Do-You Have an "Extended Warranty" ?????

Transmission is out:

A/C is Not-Blowing Cold

I Don't Have Any Heat

The Thing Just Stopped Running

I Barely Made It Here; Its Running Really Rough

The "Service Engine Soon Light" Just Came On

I Put My Window Down At The "Drive Up Window; And It Won't Go Back Up

I Can't Get The Seat To Move; It Just Sits There

I Started It Up This Morning And It Made This Horrible Clanging Sound

The Answer To The (1ST Question Asked) Do-You Have An "Extended Warranty ?????

Well (NO I DON'T) I didn't think I would "NEED-IT" !!!!!!!

I have "Never" had this "Problem" before with all the Vehicles I have Owned.

I would have purchased it, but my (Neighbor) and (Everyone) I Talked to said I "Did-Not" need it.

Everyone said that the Dealer was just trying to "SELL-ME" something I would "NEVER-USE or NEED".

The Dealers Answer: Example Only !!!!!!

Mr. or Ms. Customer if you would have gotten the (ZERO-Deductible-Extended-Warranty) I could have put you in a (Free-Rental-Vehicle) and with your zero-deductible on your policy there would be "NO-OUT-OF-POCKET-EXPENSE-TO-YOU" for this Repair, sorry that your vehicle has given you this Trouble, we will call you as soon as your Vehicle is Ready/Repaired for Pick-Up.

The other side of this story is, we will get it in our Service Department as soon as we can. The Labor Charge Per Hour is $80.00 Plus the Parts to do the necessary Repair.

Can we call the Rental Company for You ? Their Rentals are from $$$.$$ to $$$.$$ Per Day.

So, this is a whole lot of information and it has taken me alot of time to Type this but I hope that it will be a (Real-World Guide) to you on why customers "PURCHASE" the Ext. Warranties. It Saddens me when I read Comments from other members that make Comments like, Don't waste your money, you'll never need it, Well you may not but if you Do-Ever-Need-It and don't purchase it, (Join-The-Ones-Above) They Didn't Either:

HTH; This is to Really (Help) You:

Terry

Old 12-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast

what is the difference of the extented warrenty offer between my dealer and Jayhondacare.com? i checked out the Jayhondacare.com and their price are much cheaper than what i get from my dealer!

Old 12-24-2005, 11:00 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: is it worth the extent warranty

what is the difference of the extented warrenty offer between my dealer and Jayhondacare.com? i checked out the Jayhondacare.com and their price are much cheaper than what i get from my dealer!
Hi;
Read this and if you care to check with the dealer I used to Purchase my HCH ll and the Honda Extended Warranty and see if they can give you a good price.

It makes "NO-DIFFERENCE" which Honda Dealer you purchase the Ext. Warranty through as long as it is the "HONDA- EXTENDED-WARRANTY" and Not a Third-Party Warranty that your Dealer may not Honor.

HTH;

Terry

Old 12-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Enthusiast

does anybody bought the extented warrenty from jayhondacare.com? i am wondering which option is better?

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi;
Read this and if you care to check with the dealer I used to Purchase my HCH ll and the Honda Extended Warranty and see if they can give you a good price.

It makes "NO-DIFFERENCE" which Honda Dealer you purchase the Ext. Warranty through as long as it is the "HONDA- EXTENDED-WARRANTY" and Not a Third-Party Warranty that your Dealer may not Honor.

HTH;

Terry

Old 01-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

I found a place for a hondacare extended Warranty. The website is mossisboss.com and it is a honda dealer. I am getting the 6/120k warranty for $825 which is $50 below hondacuraworld.com for the same warranty. My dealer wanted to charge me $1586 for a Hondacare 6/100 warranty. I told him I thought he was smokin something.

Quick Reply: is it worth the extent warranty

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands