is it worth the extent warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default is it worth the extent warranty

what do you think about the extent warranty, it is 7years/80000miles, is it worth to have the extent warranty for a civic hybrid?

Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 AM
Enthusiastically Active
Default Re: is it worth the extent warranty

Do a search, this has been discussed in various threads over the last few months.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Something interesting that I found while reading the "fine print" on the Hondacare warranty that caused me to go third party: there's a "pre-approval" clause in the contract so that, before you get any ext. warranty work done, the charged have to be pre-approved.

HMOs for Hondas!

Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

My extended warranty cost me $800, for 7/100k, the 100k will come alot sooner, as I have 50k on it already.

I judged this as 1 major repair. Since the techology is relatively new (on my '04), I thought it a wise move.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Enthusiastically Active

Originally Posted by comebackkit
what do you think about the extent warranty, it is 7years/80000miles, is it worth to have the extent warranty for a civic hybrid?
Just keep in mind that the battery already has an 8 year 80,000 mile warranty (longer in Cali) and the drivetrain has a 5 year 60,000 mile warranty. I didn't get the extended warranty based on my prior positive experiences with Hondas, but If I had gotten the warranty, I would have gone for the 100k warranty. Also, this is the second Honda that I have purchased this year due to a severe accident on the first, and each time they dropped the price of the 100k extended warranty by about 400$ after I initially refused it.... so I would refuse it at first and wait for them to offer the "dealer price".

Old 12-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

I will be getting the 7 or 8 year/120k warranty when I get my honda sometime in January. I put on 100 miles a day on my car so the 120k will come in handy. Of course I think I will get it thru Hondacare. I think most charges have to be pre-approved on extended warranty car whether it be a Honda warranty or third party warranty.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wasn't worth it to me, as it only added a year's worth coverage due to my high annual mileage. My 2004 is already at 80,000 miles. : (

Old 12-21-2005, 06:47 AM
World's First Hybrid

It was worth it for me not only for the 05-HCH but all of my previous honda's. I'm not worried about any of the IMA stuff or emission stuff bc it's covered by 15yr/150K PZEV warranty. It's the small stuff that gets you.

Wife had to have a new tranny a couple of years back in her accord, and she just had to have driver's side power window replaced ($400+ job). I've had A/C problems in my 92 accord and other stuff that was totally covered by the warranty.

I will admit that its a crap shoot but when you don't have it and really need it, you always end up kicking yourself for not getting it.

See if you can get it at a discount on the web.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

At my dealership in Canada the warranty is refunded if you do not utilize it and based on that premise I purchased the 160K warranty (i beleive 8 years) at a cost of about $1700.00.

I will always pay for any warranty/protection that is refunded if not used i.e. (Visions electronics does the same thing in Canada).

Cheers.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

As far as I'm concerned every Honda comes with an extended warranty.

It IS a Honda.

We are paying for a very reliable car, I never buy the extended warranties.

Quick Reply: is it worth the extent warranty

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands